Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: model building

done all of that. i just had my brother here and he use to do a fair bit of airbrushing about 5+yrs ago and he reckons it might be a loose wire inside cause it lights up the switch but no motor working.i've gotten hold of the seller and i'll send this 1 back and get a replacement if i can't identify were the fault is.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

don't stuff around with it. normally it will just start motor. just return and get another one.

That's a bit of bad luck but I guess it happens. my compressor has lasted over 3 years now.

Aoshima Murcielago. Newly released and I couldn't help ripping it open and sling some paint on it. This is just the base coat. Proper colour will be the 40th anniversary verde artemis.

i can't wait to see the end result. that looks awesome just in pieces. i'm heading out this weekend to hunt down a SU-27 to SU-34. we only really have 1 place to get bulk kits from but there are 1 or 2 shops here that do have a few on the shelves.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by iamirondude View Post
    i can't wait to see the end result. that looks awesome just in pieces. i'm heading out this weekend to hunt down a SU-27 to SU-34. we only really have 1 place to get bulk kits from but there are 1 or 2 shops here that do have a few on the shelves.
    I really wish I have someone to help me with all my kits. lol

have built a bit of a pile? i remember when i use to just do models, i had a pile that was massive. it took me along time to get through them and that pile was just the 1's i got for my birthday/xmas gifts.

there is no model in this bloody town that i like. it's basically all 1/72 aircraft and army men but i did end up getting the last 1/350 tamiya king george V battleship. the toyworld owner has a buttload of new kits coming but he said they are on the slow boat over. now i just need to save up the $130 for the pontos set for it.

i got the the compressor going today and the problem was the diaphram was a little tight. so she's good to go and i'll now trying to work out how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by iamirondude View Post
    i got the the compressor going today and the problem was the diaphram was a little tight. so she's good to go and i'll now trying to work out how to use it.
    Just practice. Get a feel for how thin the paint has to be. Experiment with different air pressures and distances.

Finished the interior for my F430. Belts were a bit fiddly but I like how they turned out. Just need a few things for the exterior and it'll be the first one done for 2014.

That's pretty slick.
    Going to add Leds for the lights?