Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2636414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Leaning slightly towards the latter but ideally I would prefer he wasn't a headmaster.
    Just don't take the head off. Then he won't be a Headmaster.

With TR voyager Galvatron and legends Wheelie and Gnaw, my Transformers: The Movie is at a level completion I am happy with. I am left with a minor dilemma: do I use CHUG deluxe Hot Rod or the new TR deluxe Hot Rod? Leaning slightly towards the latter but ideally I would prefer he wasn't a headmaster.

Thoughts?
    CHUG Deluxe Rodimus. This is precisely why I skipped TR Hot Rod. At best, TR Hot Rod would represent Targetmaster Hot Rod who appeared in Season Four (and in the main-universe G1 comics; as the events of TFTM happened in an aborted future timeline and parallel universe). But I feel that they've gone overboard w/ the HM gimmick in TR. The problem with simply saying "Just don't take the head off" is that you have to take it off during transformation. And the head invariably looks different. I don't think that _every_ toy in TR has to be a Titan Master, just as not every toy in CW was a gestalt. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't think that _every_ toy in TR has to be a Titan Master, just as not every toy in CW was a gestalt. JMHO.
    There's no going back now. Moving forward, the question is what gimmick have they decided to incorporate into every single toy in the next line?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    CHUG Deluxe Rodimus. This is precisely why I skipped TR Hot Rod. At best, TR Hot Rod would represent Targetmaster Hot Rod who appeared in Season Four (and in the main-universe G1 comics; as the events of TFTM happened in an aborted future timeline and parallel universe). But I feel that they've gone overboard w/ the HM gimmick in TR. The problem with simply saying "Just don't take the head off" is that you have to take it off during transformation. And the head invariably looks different. I don't think that _every_ toy in TR has to be a Titan Master, just as not every toy in CW was a gestalt. JMHO.
    I disagree. CHUG Hot Rod is such a dated design that it looks like a brick with limbs compared to the TR version.
    Comparing both modes? The TR is so unashamedly G1, just like the majority of the TR line, that it really isn't even a contest in my mind.

As for removing the head, no biggie. It's literally 1 extra step. Pop & we're done & it's not like they look like Bobbleheads or those gumby PoP! figures with their heads either.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    The cape and crown of the MP-11 rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydenite View Post
    I think just for the accessories go for the MP11, and the show accurate color scheme.
    But you sound like you like the MP03 design so you might as well stick with the middle one..

I have that one and one day I'm going to hack him...
    Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    This is correct I had all three starscream and the latest Hasbro one feels cheap, I can't put my finger on it but I sold it off and got the Takara one back.
    Thanks for the feedback fellas, I ended up deciding on the Takara MP11, I'll still be keeping Greenscream.

With TR voyager Galvatron and legends Wheelie and Gnaw, my Transformers: The Movie is at a level completion I am happy with. I am left with a minor dilemma: do I use CHUG deluxe Hot Rod or the new TR deluxe Hot Rod? Leaning slightly towards the latter but ideally I would prefer he wasn't a headmaster.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Just don't take the head off. Then he won't be a Headmaster.
    What I was thinking exactly.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I disagree. CHUG Hot Rod is such a dated design that it looks like a brick with limbs compared to the TR version.
    Comparing both modes? The TR is so unashamedly G1, just like the majority of the TR line, that it really isn't even a contest in my mind.

As for removing the head, no biggie. It's literally 1 extra step. Pop & we're done & it's not like they look like Bobbleheads or those gumby PoP! figures with their heads either.
    Yeah, but then I'd have to make up a backstory as to why Hot Rod and Firebolt (or wateva his name is now) became Headmasters. I had to make up my own backstory for why Scourge and Fracas are now Headmasters when they were previously Targetmasters. Scourge and the Sweeps have formed their own faction. #splitters Interestingly enough, the backstory I made for Infinitus/Sentinel Prime has worked out to be essentially the same as what IDW have gone with - i.e. Infinitus is the actual sentient robot and "Sentinel" is a non-sentient 'transtector' which he uses as beguile others into believing that he's a Prime. Although in the Gokiverse Sentinel Prime isn't the evil son of a glitch that he is in the IDWverse.

I haven't had a chance to play with Doublecross yet (only fiddle, but not proper story-play), but I'm gonna have to make up a story as to how the hell he become binary bonded to White Leo. As luck would have it, White Leo is the only Battle Beast that I own! So I'm planning on playing w/ my G1 Doublecross and White Leo to make up a back story as to how they became Twinferno and Daburu (no idea how I'll do this - half the fun of playing with toys is literally making this crap up as I go along ). I also had to make up a story for Galvatron and Nucleon (Megatron was killed but his spark was locked into a small load-bearing protoform in order to save Megs. The Galvatron Transtector was then constructed and Megatron was born anew as Galvatron, although his true identity is kept secret; most folks believe that Galvatron is a whole new Decepticon who has come to lead the Decepticons). And again, I'm gonna have to think of a story for Breakaway and Throttle... (haven't had a proper play w/ this toy yet).

Anyway, I'm perfectly content w/ my Classics Rodimus. Don't personally feel the need to replace it. I wouldn't mind a Classicsverse Rodimus Prime though (i.e. the space Winnebago) - other than the 15cm Ti Series figure (which I already have).

I just decided to cancel Ehobby Convobat and LG Lio Convoy and won't get UW Megatrona cause I've decided they are not G1 and I'm only going to do G1 cartoon (with a few JP characters) + US cartoon Beast Era characters going forward. No IDW, no Unicron Trilogy, no Bayformers, no Aligned continuity, etc.

Leader class Sky/Black Shadow
    Against: Budget, no room to display without serious rearranging, happy with the DLX version from ~5 years ago, obvious pretool for Overlord.
    For: To be able to display all the Phase Sixers and Megatron towering over most of my other figures...

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Leader class Sky/Black Shadow
    Against:
    For: To be able to display all the Phase Sixers and Megatron towering over most of my other figures...
    I see no objections here.
    Carry on

Hah. Will chuck into in the "if I see and have the cash" pile for now