Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28384344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    you're being a bit dramatic don't you think.
    I've been losing faith in TLTC long before that. It had nothing to do with Blitzwing (just coincidental but it wasn't the reason)

I've just received a handshake from work as recognition of my 5 years service. It's nice that they have recognised me like this and I want to use the cash to buy something that I will enjoy for some time.

I am very seriously considering buying a Nintendo 2DS XL and Samus returns, I love the Metroid franchise an it's based off my favourite hand held game of all time, Metroid 2. However, I rarely get time to scratch my arse these days and if I have time to play a Gameboy, I should be catching up on the massive stack of comics that I'm behind on. which I greatly enjoy. The other problem is, I may start playing and find that I'm not quite into hand held games like I once was and there goes a bunch of money. Or I don't end up having the time to play it and it sits there gathering dust.

the other thought I've had is putting the money towards the Titan Predaking that's coming out, it's an epic looking figure and will go nicely with my Titan Devastator et. al. however, given my current space constraints, I probably can't display it side by side, unless we move, that will potentially be months or years down the road, so in the mean time, one of them, or both will spend a lot of time in storage not being enjoyed.

Any thoughts, any other suggestions? Should I wait till they release a Mega Action Series Jazz, or maybe an MP Jazz and put the money towards something like that.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I would put it towards something that when you look at it, you feel the sense of achievement. I would save it for an MP Jazz if he is your favourite.

Galvatran Guest

Congratulations on your 5-year service award UltraMarginal. More importantly, recognition for your 5 year's of posting on this forum while at that job!

Both options have major drawbacks. I'd suggest a left field idea & splurge it on the missus & you. Offload the kiddies for the day & have quality time with her. Doesn't hurt to build up those browny points too.

As someone in a similar (but with only 1 kid) position to you, we share a lot of the same issues like that. My outlet used to be my PS4. Then last year I saved up and bought a Nintendo Switch, which I love. But time to play it is definitely not easy to come by. As such I have had Zelda since about November and still haven’t finished it yet and it is the only game I am playing! An unintended consequence of me getting the Switch is that my PS4 now only gets used to play blurays when my sons wants to watch Wall-E or something like that. I only have time for one gaming system and I find that the Switch is the pick mainly because I can play it laying in bed.

Also, the only free time I get is generally after 8:30pm at night. So then I have to decide how best to spend that time. The options consist of Netflix, Nintendo, comics, novels, transformers, time with the wife or maybe, just maybe, sleep. With time with wifey and sleep being essential, the others are highly neglected.

So I guess my point is that If you don’t have enough time to indulge your hobbies/relax now, adding a 2DS is going make it harder to get around to those other things you never get to, or it itself is going to become one of those things you never get to.

Even a post this long from me is a rarity these days. It’s only because I get to have a bit of a “sleep in” because I was up with our son a fair bit last night. But it turns out I can’t sleep so I’m on here instead
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

thanks Gents, for your thoughts.

@Galvatran, that has been happening for more than 5 years. .. . And Mrs UM won't let me splurge it on us like that, she feels that things like this should be a personal purchase. Which I kind of agree with. About a year and a half ago I got a cash recognition for a job well done on a project and put it towards a Botcon G2 Redux box set.

The hardest part of your suggestion though is offloading the kids. All our families are out of town so it would involve a pair of baby sitters. We make sure when we're visiting family interstate that we take a night out alone together if possible.

@Thurmus, you make a good pint, but, an MP Jazz might be years down the road, and I'll definitely be pre-ordering it the day it becomes available, I don't know if I can handle the burn in my pocket for that long.

@Trent, you have pretty much described my situation to a T, with the exception that most nights after the kids are in bed we watch something on the telly together as our chill down, I often try to open a transformer as well, though that precludes cuddles somewhat. ..
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

It looks like Mega Action Jazz and Titan Predaking look like safe bets if you're talking about something you'll enjoy when compared to a gaming device that could leave you saying "What the hell did I just spend my money on?!"

Looking at doing a custom team of POTP Dinobots in G2 colours. There are pics of G2 concepts for Sludge and Swoop that we’re never realised as toys, as well as an amazingly garish teal and yellow Grimlock. If I only do one Grimlock, should I do him in the traditional G2 blue, which fits with Slag and Snarl and looks crazy cool, or so I go for the bizarre teal and yellow, which fits more with Sludge and Swoop and looks just plain crazy?

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

G2 Grinlock should be blue. What about using the teal and yellow scheme on Slash?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    G2 Grinlock should be blue. What about using the teal and yellow scheme on Slash?
    >mic drop<

You know when you hear an idea so absolutely perfect and so obvious in retrospect you curse yourself for not thinking of it yourself? That’s this right here. Thank you!!!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!