Page 16 of 195 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I think 365 Transformers is a good maximum number to own. One for everyday of the year. What about leap years? Well I haven't quite thought this all the way through now have I.
    Brainstorm.

Take his head off on Feb 29

365 Transformers plus 1 Gobot.

I think 365 Transformers is a good maximum number to own. One for everyday of the year. What about leap years? Well I haven't quite thought this all the way through now have I.

But in line with his G1 character model... (And Movie Jazz and Animated Jazz). It's going to be interesting when they get around to Masterpiece Jazz and what they do to make it anime accurate (or not and make it toy accurate).
    A duocon is technically 2

Energon Wing Saber splits into 4 parts. You can choose to play with him once every four years, or different quarter of him each year.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I love it when people walk into my home and see one of my display cabinets full of Optimus Primes for the first time. I have one in the lounge you see from the front door which makes quite an impression with those who are first time visitors.
    Whether they be children or adults the "wow - that's amazing!"/"those are all Optimus?"/"You collect Transformers?!?!!" that tends to follow brings a smile to my face. The adults in particular often ask questions or start reminiscing about their Transformers memories of the G1 cartoon/toys/life in the 80's, etc with genuine delight and fondness. Also makes a great conversation starter in general...

Whilst my collection is for me, I do enjoy that others can appreciate and get a little happiness from it too.

Does anyone else ever have this experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I love it when people walk into my home and see one of my display cabinets full of Optimus Primes for the first time. I have one in the lounge you see from the front door which makes quite an impression with those who are first time visitors.
    Whether they be children or adults the "wow - that's amazing!"/"those are all Optimus?"/"You collect Transformers?!?!!" that tends to follow brings a smile to my face. The adults in particular often ask questions or start reminiscing about their Transformers memories of the G1 cartoon/toys/life in the 80's, etc with genuine delight and fondness. Also makes a great conversation starter in general...

Whilst my collection is for me, I do enjoy that others can appreciate and get a little happiness from it too.

I have had it a few times,

My wifes friend and her husband came over and when he saw the cabinet in the Lounge room his eyes nearly fell out of his head, his comment was that I was living the dream.

I have had other similar reactions, but none quite so excited, most of my friends are nerds on some level so they appreciate a collection like that.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Back in my old house I had a room dedicated to Transformers (and my collection was around 600 figures + MISC back then - nearly 3 times the size now). Whenever I'd have a party there would always be at any one time two or three guys in the TF room all acting the same. Sipping beers in almost complete silence staring at the shelves with the silenced interspersed with the odd "I think I used to have that one" uttered.

It was funny to see everyone, no matter their personality or background, reduced to pretty much the same behavior of interested awe

a family friend was over last week and saw my detolf and loved it!

I used to store my Robot Points in film containers. Sadly I've lost them. How did other people store their Robot Points?

Holy crap! My 3 year old just properly transformed the CW Scattershot I'd left on the coffee table from jet to robot by himself!

Sniff... So proud!