Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: a just males section suggestion

Default a just males section suggestion

now before i start i just want to say

i have nothing against women, i have a lot of female friends.

but after having a look at the fact that the ladies of the forum have their own section to talk about women stuff without worrying about the minds of men getting in, i was wondering, maybe there should be one for the guys without having to worry about women being affended by what we say, or what women might think about what we say.

but as i said before, i having against women, i just feel that it would be better if some of us could talk about guy things without the guilt about what if a girl gets offended

*takes belt off*

BUUUUURP!

I feel relaxed now
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I don't think a male only section would happen because we are not a minority group that needs protecting. Think PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy K View Post
    now before i start i just want to say

i have nothing against women, i have a lot of female friends.

but after having a look at the fact that the ladies of the forum have their own section to talk about women stuff without worrying about the minds of men getting in, i was wondering, maybe there should be one for the guys without having to worry about women being affended by what we say, or what women might think about what we say.
    Before I start, I just want to say that I have nothing against men. My father is a man. And his father before him. And, I believe, his father's father. Peter Cullen played Optimus Prime, and he was a man. A great, great man. But I must say...

...this idea is even more daft than the women's section. Because if you're going to say something that's going to offend someone because they're a woman, well that's a fairly sure sign that it's something that shouldn't be said. To anyone. Ever. So just don't say it!

In the interests of equality then yes there should be one for the men on the board. Will it happen? Probably not, because if the bossbot did, does he further section everyone off? A section only for residents of any one particular state or sexuality maybe? Maybe a section for the fat members of the board, or for those with red hair? (bloody rangas)

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I don't think a male only section would happen because we are not a minority group that needs protecting. Think PC.

Actually we are a minority group, there are more women then men around these days.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Meh, seems a waste of time and resources IMO - unlike the women here us dudes aren't a minority on the boards/in the fandom, and since the women-only section has all of 2 posts and 10 views to date you'd be better off just labelling any man-only threads as such in the non-Toy area IMO.
    Besides, no offence to any of us here (surprisingly most of us seem to be pretty well-adjusted functional adults), but a web forum for adults who collect transforming robot toys isn't really my first stop for manly advice or male bonding...I'm only here for the Transformers (the helpful community atmosphere is nice too, but that's not a sex-specific thing).

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

First of all, we do have a section, it's called the whole forum, that should cater to every fan regardless of what gender they are. Yes, should, because people need to get over being attention whores. Not like I'm always saying I've got a ten incher just to gain attention because I'm smart enough to know that would gain me very unwanted attention.

There are plenty of other specific forums on the internets for BOTH sexes if you want to talk about specific gender things.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Mens only section would be nice so we can discuss manly things, like who our favourite male transformer is, or which male transformer champions the male cause the best.

Seriously though the Fembots only section is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever seen. There's absolutely no need to give any subgroup of the forum population or fandom an exclusive sanctuary.

I want a private section where only members from Ulladulla can post

In all seriousnes Tommy we don't need an all males section. Like what has already been said if you want to post something that a female member of the board might find offensive then it'sprobably best not to post it on the forum.

Thegirls section was created because we have lost several members due to overzealous fanboys. When the "overzealous fangirls"* start driving male members away maybe thenthe board staff might consider creating a male only thread.

* I put overzealous fangirls in " as I have never seen one so can't confirm their existence
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503