Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Henkei and Universe Cyclonus comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I think I shall get both... Cyclonus and his armada! .
    Wasn't it scourge that had multiples of himself more in the show? Or was it Cyclonus as well? :S

Either way, I was already planning on getting both
    And most likely more than one of the universe ones
    Custom fun ! ^_^

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

there were two Cyclonus's in the movie but only had one in the cartoon

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post

Awww, Robzy! I hate you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Also 40 this time, STL?

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    Wasn't it scourge that had multiples of himself more in the show? Or was it Cyclonus as well? :S
    Technically it was both... see 1:21-27

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have to admit, in my oppinion the Henkei's bright purple really hurts the look of the figure. I expected it to be more cartoon accurate but I didn't expect it so 'happy' looking.

And to be fair, I have to give credit to Hasbro on improving Cyclonus' overall color scheme from the previous pre release photos. They have made a great difference by making a proper looking silvery plastic than the standard 'Hasbro gray' they too often like to use.

20-29/new-images-of-transformers-henkei-cyclonus-166477/[/url]
    I don't see any difference with the grey, but never had a huge problem with the original grey anways. That said I still actualy prefer the henkei, while the purple is a tad bright for my liking I do like the application, I much prefer the way the colours break up the figure to the hasbro versions (not a fan of the hasbro's shoulders), I'm also a fan of well done mostly monochromatic colour schemes on toys, (they are rare on toys cause they don't scream look at me). I will happily give Hasbro credit on doing a good job on Cyclonus though, but for me henkei is still the preffered option.

I do agree henkei is a bit to bright for a nasty decep like him, I can only assume he's taking after the king of happy colours...Starscream.

Have to say I much prefer the Henkei version of Cyclonus and it's definitely the version I'll be buying. The show accurate colours look superb and really show off all the detail, there's far less grey than on the Hasbro version and it just looks like the real deal in my eyes. Has-Cyc reminds me of Has-streaker in that they look undercooked and a bit bland compared to their Henkei counterparts.

Hasbro's Cyclonus does look more toy-accurate, unlike Universe Sunstreaker... the original Sunstreaker never looked like that. (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128
    What Robzy said - mind you, that moment was the only time we saw Cyclonus' one-bot armada... that duplicate Cyclonus is never seen again either; for the rest of the movie and cartoon series. I believe his fate is as described by the three-headed giant in Monty Python and the Holy Grail:
    "He buggered off."
    "So he has, he's scarpered."

Makes you wonder if the one who vanished was the "armada" or the real Cyclonus, eh? If so...

Brave Cyclonus ran away
    Bravely ran away away
    When danger reared its ugly head,
    He bravely turned his tail and fled
    Yes Brave Cyclonus turned about
    And gallantly he chickened out
    Bravely taking to his feet
    He beat a very brave retreat
    Bravest of the brave Cyclonus

From 1:03

I really like the look of the Hasbro version and that comes as a surprise to me since I've never come across any Hasbro versions as being better then their Henkei counterpart.

The Hasbro one is much more loyal to the G1. Plus with the darker colour it looks more menacing. The Henkei one just looks too wussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I don't see any difference with the grey, but never had a huge problem with the original grey anways. That said I still actualy prefer the henkei, while the purple is a tad bright for my liking I do like the application, I much prefer the way the colours break up the figure to the hasbro versions (not a fan of the hasbro's shoulders), I'm also a fan of well done mostly monochromatic colour schemes on toys, (they are rare on toys cause they don't scream look at me). I will happily give Hasbro credit on doing a good job on Cyclonus though, but for me henkei is still the preffered option.

I do agree henkei is a bit to bright for a nasty decep like him, I can only assume he's taking after the king of happy colours...Starscream.
    I don't know, to me the gray in the original pic looks way to creamy.

http://www.siebertron.com/images/toy...yclonusbot.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by shazam
    The Hasbro one is much more loyal to the G1. Plus with the darker colour it looks more menacing. The Henkei one just looks too wussy.
    The Hasbro one is more accurate to the G1 toy whereas the Henkei one is more accurate to the G1 cartoon - which is the general theme of the Henkei line. I don't think one is inherently better than the other... it depends on your taste. If I were a lover of show-likeness thenb I'd consider opting for the Henkei version. As it stands, I've never been a big stickler for show-likeness (except for Animated).

Ditto Classics Jetfire vs. Henkei Skyfire - they're both nice toys, but Jetfire is a better homage to the G1 toy whereas Skyfire is a better homage to the cartoon.

I personally prefer the Hasbro paint scheme over the Henkei one but the paint schemes are so different from each other that it's like having a new character altogether. Hasbro is indeed very menacing with the dark colours sharply contrasted by two different greys, some creamy teal and offset by maroon and silver. Gives a very regal dark knight feel.

Henkei's feel a lot like an Animated character. Upon closer inspection, I knew that the colour they used for him was familiar... It's almost the same colour as Animated Starscream.

Also, Nightstick with the legs being chrome makes him look like he forgot to put his pants on before going out. I agree with the post befroe... unnecessary chrome.