Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Platinum edition G1 Trypticon reissue

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    the sticker placement could be a little tidier but these are minor complaints.
    The stickers are pre-applied?

Is that how it was for the vintage Trypticon?

I'm one of these oddball parents that actually believes in PLAYING on the floor with my kids with TOYS. Isn't that the only reason we have kids in the first place? We spent the evening laughing and having a ball following Trypticon around the house before he was transformed and my son took over using him as a base.
    I'm not a parent, but if you ask me that is a sign of a great parent, taking time to spend time with your younglings. I look forward to the day when I can do the same.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    The stickers are pre-applied?

Is that how it was for the vintage Trypticon?
    Stickers on the new version are pre-applied. I would have preferred to be able to do them myself...

No idea about the original version. I too would be curious to know.

Gah! All this unnecessary thread bumping made me think there was news
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

You had to do the stickers yourself with the original. I got mine in 1988 overseas. Love stickers

any1 see the reprolabel upgrade set?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134317...802228/sizes/l
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

... yeah - I know, I know - I'm one of these oddball parents that actually believes in PLAYING on the floor with my kids with TOYS.
    Haha that is me every night - except my daughter is 2 and half, so it's mainly with Fisher & Price Little People, or pretending we are pirates!

She does love robots though, she is very keen to access my collection! She said to me on Sunday "Dad when I'm older we can share your robots..."

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    any1 see the reprolabel upgrade set?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134317...802228/sizes/l
    Spiffy! Cant wait to have Trypticon in my hands for the very first time in my TF collecting lifetime. Metroplex is in sooooo much trouble!!!

Are they legends class figures with Tryp in the photo you posted, or WST?

If WST, I'm going to have to track me down the full set of seekers, as I only ever bought Starscream.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Actually - he is only paying 50% of it. I was buying it for myself but he insisted on contributing from his savings so he could play with it too as he knows my personal purchases aren't for him to play with most of the time.

I tell ya - if you have kids this is a great toy to play with together... yeah - I know, I know - I'm one of these oddball parents that actually believes in PLAYING on the floor with my kids with TOYS. Isn't that the only reason we have kids in the first place? We spent the evening laughing and having a ball following Trypticon around the house before he was transformed and my son took over using him as a base.
    That's a really awesome story Bladestorm. You've trained your child to enable and fund your plastic crack habit, and you get the enjoyment of a playmate to enjoy them with. While you jest about it being the only reason to have him, its also a rare gift that some adult collectors never experience. You should cherish it
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!