Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stomp & Chomp Grimlock official images

Default Stomp & Chomp Grimlock official images

The Colombians have been getting a lot of official image releases lately, reminding me of our early days when the smaller, less significant branches of Hasbro were more likely to give out official pics and info before Hasbro America deemed it ready to be released.

The Stomp & Chomp Grimlock is a big electronic toy for TF4, but is part of the Gimmick line "One Step Changer", so don't expect a great toy for us older collectors. This one is for the youngens, who have parents willing to fork out a lot of money - it's US$80 in America, so expect at least AU$100 here (the larger/expensive figures here are usually closer to US pricing than the smaller size classes).

One Step Changers will come in three sizes, with Grimlock being the large size. It comes with an Optimus figurine, which activate some electronic sensors, and allows you to play out the promo scene of him riding the back of Grimlock.

(it is worth scrolling down the link to see a fan's photoshop of this toy into Trypticon colours... noting that it will be comparable in size to Generations Metroplex. Now if only it was a regular figure and not a simple 1-step changer, it would have potential to be a Generations Trypticon)

W00t! Can't wait
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Well here it is in June 2015, and with Target selling them for $59 I decided to finally grab one

Megatran Guest

Transformers 4 Age of Extinction Stomp 'N Chomp Grimlock Figure at Target

Grimlock stands 20 inches tall in bot mode. That's almost as same length as my .............. Generations Metroplex.

I've seen at least one good digibash of S&C Grimmy into Trypticon. But I'm not about to buy another one and try it myself.

Actually, of all the "one-step" and simplified Transformers I think stomp & chomp is the most fun.

My kids got one each for Christmas (he was on sale here for a really good price) and they still love playing with them.
    The transformation is really simple but effective, the sounds are fun, the ability for Grimmy to choose his faction is a nice touch and the figure itself has impact when people walk into my son's room in particular and see this beast of a Grimlock staring back at them in front of his display case. Even in robot mode he's still an intimidating toy. It's also great for doing exactly what it says stomping and chomping other toys.
    I can forgive it being a Bayformer for all the fun my kids have with him. Much more that the other Bayformer Grimlocks my son has in his collection.

Oh - and despite being the size of a small dog this Grimlock doesn't cost much to feed (an odd Decepticon once or twice a week), clean up after and has no vet bills to worry about.

He's not worth full price but definitely consider a look if he's on sale, especially if you have Transformer loving kids.

Damn you people, making me want to get this instead of more CW stuff!
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post

Grimlock stands 20 inches tall in bot mode. That's almost as same length as my .............. Generations Metroplex.
    Yes I thought you were going to say it was the length of your........ metroplex

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Actually, of all the "one-step" and simplified Transformers I think stomp & chomp is the most fun.

My kids got one each for Christmas (he was on sale here for a really good price) and they still love playing with them.
    The transformation is really simple but effective, the sounds are fun, the ability for Grimmy to choose his faction is a nice touch and the figure itself has impact when people walk into my son's room in particular and see this beast of a Grimlock staring back at them in front of his display case. Even in robot mode he's still an intimidating toy. It's also great for doing exactly what it says stomping and chomping other toys.
    I can forgive it being a Bayformer for all the fun my kids have with him. Much more that the other Bayformer Grimlocks my son has in his collection.

Oh - and despite being the size of a small dog this Grimlock doesn't cost much to feed (an odd Decepticon once or twice a week), clean up after and has no vet bills to worry about.

He's not worth full price but definitely consider a look if he's on sale, especially if you have Transformer loving kids.
    You are really making a case for me to go and buy a second one for my son for when he turns five in a couple of years . Reckon a 4 year old could handle him (that way I could give it to him in 18 months instead of 2 1/2 years)?

Edit: couldn't help myself - went and bought him one

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Damn you people, making me want to get this instead of more CW stuff!
    Errr..... get both? Layby mate, layby
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 12th June 2015 at 04:55 PM.

Yes - I reckon as long as supervised a 4 year old would be able to handle him. He might need a bit of help transforming him purely because Grimmy is quite heavy to do the one step flip change with a smaller child and there is a bit of learned dexterity involved that will probably take a little while for a smaller child to understand.
    Ultimately though I think it will depend on whether your son is a destroyer or a protector. Given you're a collector there's a good chance he will be like my son.
    My son has always been one to protect his toys and we've taught him from the time he got his first Transformer regardless of simplicity not to force them (to the point now he is overly careful, especially after having one of his movie Sideswipes loose their front fenders thanks to a couple of friends visiting). So breakage in our house is minimal (unless you consider the RID2015 legions which we are having a really bad run with them snapping).

Stomp'n'Chomp is quite forgiving in terms of being thrown and pushed around a bit. The only issue we've had was when my daughters one got intentionally kicked across her room (again by a friend visiting) and the transformation into robot didn't fold back up correctly until I found the pieces that had become unhinged inside his torso. Took me a couple of days to figure out what was wrong but thankfully it wasn't because of any broken pieces.

The noises Grimlock makes can be a little annoying too as he tends to growl and snort for a while after you stop playing with him in dino mode (unless you physically flick the off switch) but my kids like that as it freaks people out and they get a good laugh from it. Grimmy does eventually settle down and go to sleep though as long as you leave him alone.

My son had friends over today and again Stomp'n'Chomp was the star of the afternoon (along with CW Megatron who ended up having to be placed back on the no touch shelf because of all the fighting over who wanted to "be" Megs). I think it helps that when Grimlock does do his "one step" from dino to robot and back he makes the transforming noises associated with it which feels like he is straight out of the cartoon, and he can be quite interactive depending on what pieces of him you are pressing or playing with.

Like I said previously, I'm not a huge fan of the simplified and one steps but this guy really is the one exception where I have to admit his design works perfectly, he is totally cool and loads of fun...

I reckon your son will get much enjoyment out of him when you feel he's old enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

You are really making a case for me to go and buy a second one for my son for when he turns five in a couple of years . Reckon a 4 year old could handle him (that way I could give it to him in 18 months instead of 2 1/2 years)?

Edit: couldn't help myself - went and bought him one

Cheers at this stage Orry will be getting it for his 4th bday. He's already got the RescueBots Bumblebee Rescue Garage lined up for his 3rd and Generations Orion Pax for his 5th