Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Michael bay left speechless...

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Bay often comes across as so arrogant so much of the time that I must admit I don't feel a helluva lot of sympathy for him here. If something bad or upsetting had happened to him pre going up on stage then fair enough, cant blame the man one bit. But if it was simply because the teleprompter wasn't working then for someone who 'creates dreams' surely he could nut-up and wing a 3 minute talk about what he does for a living.
    ...and this is why I laughed instead of feeling sympathy but I've never met the guy personally so he probably has good days and bad days just like every one else I guess

Megatran Guest

Just saw a snippet for the first time on the ABC news (channel ABC24). Yeah it was uncomfortable to watch. It'll blow over & he'll bounce back.

It's interesting how people react differently to an event. For example, my missus cracks up laughing when some poor guys gets (unintentionally) whacked in the nuts and is lying on the ground trying to hold back the tears. I just cringe & cross my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I reserve judgement on anyone that I have not personally met. If others want to be influenced by what they read / hear in the media whose job it is to be controversial and create headlines, that's their prerogative. Until Michael Bay runs over my cat, he's OK in my books. Going back to the first movie in 2007 and the subsequent comments such as 'Michael Bay raped my childhood'; if that's the biggest worry in your life you're doing OK as well.
    I judge him by the movies he makes and stuff he directly says.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I judge him by the movies he makes and stuff he directly says.
    And you don't think for one second that the studio has any influence or that his interviews are edited? I'm sure you mean 'indirectly' otherwise I would be very interested to hear your conversation / interview with him.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    And you don't think for one second that the studio has any influence or that his interviews are edited? I'm sure you mean 'indirectly' otherwise I would be very interested to hear your conversation / interview with him.
    That makes no sense at all and you are implying that Bay is a corporate puppet with no will of his own. If he says something, that's his will and voice as no one is pointing a gun at him.

As someone who's worked with a teleprompter before I don't blame him for doing what he did. He handled it much better than Bill O' Reilly did...