Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G2 Combiner Wars Devastator digibash

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    All of that is under the assumption that you can get an SDCC exclusive at the price that they're being sold for at SDCC... Plenty of individuals and retailers know that these exclusives can be money spinners and increase their prices accordingly. So it could get scary expensive.
    Very true, but not long after the SDCC "exclusive" G2 Bruticus was released I saw him on the shelves in Hong Kong for around $30 AUD!! While still being sold for $90 - $120 (+) on e-bay and sellers telling us he was rare. Anyway a G2 deco (while awesome) of this massive Dev is speculation at the moment, do we even know if the regular one is being released in Oz?
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

We'll find out soon for sure, but it's very likely. I mean look at it. That thing will sell. It'll be front page of a mid year Toy Sale catalogue or two no doubt.

Yes, the secondary prices for SDCC items can be huge, but if an item is already very expensive and doesn't sell out (like last year's Rock Band set), the markup won't be as bad as the cheaper items (like the Kreo set last year - had a higher percentage markup for me than the bigger two items).

I'd say that if the SDCC price of an exclusive Devastator is US$200, they probably won't sell out, and you should be able to find them on ebay for about US$250 or less.

So if the exchange rate continues to slide... an SDCC Devastator is likely to be closer to AU$500 to import.

(And it would be about another 11 months for the next BotCon for me to consider buying it in person from a toy-dealer and bringing it back for free as checked-in luggage to offset their markup - waiting the following year will see the price keep going up, and be a very painful wait. )