Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What sort of Transformers food items have you eaten?

Default What sort of Transformers food items have you eaten?

Have you ever eaten a licensed Transformers food item, that was uniquely made for that Transformers license?

Recently found in America is a fruity flavoured iceblock, done in three colours to form a sad face... or Autobot symbol... I'm not sure.

The iceblock is made by Hersheys, so is unlikely to come here, but if you know someone in America, you could see if you can get one posted to you while they are out.

Hehehe

I'll have to remember to look for one when at BotCon this year. It doesn't sound very exciting though, as it looks to be an "ice" block instead of an "icecream" block, which I prefer.

But back to the topic question, there hasn't been much in recent years, especially in Australia (aside from some Easter and Christmas lollies, which usually aren't unique to Transformers).
    There's an 80s iceblock advertisement on the back of one of my comics, and I remember some snacks that were like burger snacks back then as well. (looks like New Zealand got a similar TFs iceblock as well in the 80s)

In America there were the Movie M&Ms (Strawberry Peanut Butter) and Snickers (Honeycomb) bar for the second TFs movie.
    It also looks like there were two limited edition Hostess (twinkie) cakes for DOTM as well, Chockwave (Shockwave) and Snoballimus (Optimus).

Another one I found was from Animated by Betty Crocker, which were fruit jellies in different Transformers shapes (rebranded when Animated ended).

(some more items on tfwiki as well)

Anything? Anyone?

My TF foods were all from the 80s...

I've eaten the 80s ice block. Didn't like it.

I ate the burger snacks. Kept some of the packaging for a while too because it had Meg's bio.

I also ate the little chocolate bars that came with the transfer tattoos.

I remember scoffing many of the chocolates bars too just to get the tattoos... basically the same as Furry Friends bars from memory.

Back in the 80s I also had poppers (or juice boxes or whatever they're called now) which had peel off stickers of characters from their box art poses (which were the same images as the tattoos from the chocolate bars if I'm right). Peeling off stickers damp with condensation was haphazard but I think I still have the ones I recovered successfully in a sticker album somewhere downstairs...

I also ate the 80s iceblock, can't remember whether or not I liked the taste, but I cut out and kept the images of Optimus, Prowl and Soundwave from the box.

Does the Transformers Monopoly released through David Jones last year count? I tried about half of one of the chocolates in that, but the flavour...well I can definitely remember it. Unpleasant!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    and I remember some snacks that were like burger snacks back then as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I ate the burger snacks. Kept some of the packaging for a while too because it had Meg's bio.
    If these 'burger snacks' were Twistie flavoured round things in a silver packet then yeah, I fondly remember those as well. Used to rummage through the school bins looking for empty packets to cut-out the tech specs. IIRC, there was Optimus Prime, Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream, Skywarp, Prowl, and Bumblebee.

I still have some Transformers Energon chewing gum MISP
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I've eaten the 80s ice block. Didn't like it.
    I used to buy the ice blocks, but didn't really like them. Ate them for about a month until my love of Barney Bananas overtook my loyalty to the TF's

A few years ago they came out with DOTM jelly lolly bags, I used to get given tons of those from students and friends.

Bought some of the TF Easter and Xmas products over the years, but never opened and eaten them - just popped them in the collection. Same as my TF Aramada Gumball Machine and my TF Energon chewing Gum

Never tried one myself. Commercial is gold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuKcJKkcL64

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    Never tried one myself. Commercial is gold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuKcJKkcL64
    I remember that ad but didn't remember that girls voice sounding so demon-like when she says 'More than meets the eye'. That shit's Linda Blair like
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

My dog ate Dirge - the legs were gobbled up like candy and the nosecone a chewy gum drop but the diecast was avoided like an overcooked vegetable. I think that gave the meal an overall rating of "so-so".

With arms and his head mostly intact Dirge was retconned into a dangerous bat decepticon who had long stabby shoulders.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Have you ever eaten a licensed Transformers food item, that was uniquely made for that Transformers license?

Recently found in America is a fruity flavoured iceblock, done in three colours to form a sad face... or Autobot symbol... I'm not sure.

The iceblock is made by Hersheys, so is unlikely to come here, but if you know someone in America, you could see if you can get one posted to you while they are out.

Hehehe

I'll have to remember to look for one when at BotCon this year. It doesn't sound very exciting though, as it looks to be an "ice" block instead of an "icecream" block, which I prefer.

Anything? Anyone?
    I'll certainly be looking out for one of those at botcon this year, and I can post some back if anyone wants to recieve it...

I also ate the little chocolate bars that came with the transfer tattoos.
    Those, I remember. possibly the only licensed transformers related food I ever remember eating. I used to love them, they were like furry friends but cool.

There was also that chocolate Allspark available at the Universal studios ride, I've never had one but they exist.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)