Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Soundwave revealed!

It is amazing the amount of detail they can do with the tapes these days even though it looks like they are the same size as their G1 counterparts.

While I love Soundwave, I might hold off till it is released before deciding on whether I'll get it or not.

Ravage still looks compared to the other figs. Soundwave still looks amazing, although a bit scrawny compared to Convoy.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Wow... I'm impressed that MP Soundwave is reverse-compatible with the G1 cassettes. That's pretty cool!

Amazing! Bought. Just so bought. Lazerbeak is amazing....

I reckon the pricetag was a good indicator that Soundwave wasn't gona be peewee sized. Looks like all the MPs are gona be scaled to Optimus in terms of cartoon accuracy.

Soundwave is a good size, and honestly the price is not really bad. It just comes down to personal preference. For me the new Optimus Prime was a bit pricey, but this seems more acceptable. So Soundwave comes with Lazerbeak, Hopefully they release a Cassette pack, hopefully with Buzzsaw, Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy. Predicting Soundblaster release with Ratbat.

I doubt a Hasbro release at retail will include 'All' the Cassettes, an exclusive at Comic con might but will be expensive. So really if you are going for a complete set the best way would be to buy the Takara release, and any relevant unconfirmed future releases. As an Alternative a Hasbro release might be cheaper, but likely incomplete. A release date might be another 6 to 12 months away.

I was initially very underwhelmed with the concept of an MP Soundwave (a robot that transforms into a brick) but boy have I come around. The Cassettes really do elevate it though, without Ravage and Frenzy/Rumble it might just be an "eh".

hmmm. Awesome as it might be with the details, articulation and accessories etc.... but the size is an issue for me still .... coz they made it compatible with the new shrunken MPs size ... this MP Soundwave will look like a midget next to my other MPs (MP 01 - 05) - the original sized ones. drats!

Sigh, I might just get it anyways but I think Ill prolly end up getting the 3rd party one(if it get's released) coz the size just reaaaally is off putting when displayed.. aaaaaarrrrggghhh!!

Currssseeeeesssss!!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Decepticon Guest

These are on eBay now for preorder. As well as the Sideswipe.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    this MP Soundwave will look like a midget next to my other MPs (MP 01 - 05) - the original sized ones. drats!
    Just do what i do and have MP1 & MP5 on display together, and the remainder of the MP's on a different display. The larger size ones are really the odd ones out by this point!