Page 215 of 481 FirstFirst ... 195205210211212213214215216217218219220225235 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    Well in that regard, Dentists haven't changed much

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Keep in mind that you are only missing those things because you know about them.
    Every time I'm stuck in traffic or on a long flight I prospectively miss teleportation.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Last weekend while my wife was shopping at Homebush West, I couldn't help buy admire the epic parking skills of some drivers there...

*snip*
    Mate, you don't want to see the average parking ability of those at the Dapto Mall, , the standards of Full license drivers can be just as bad if not worse than those with Provisionals/Learners permits.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    It has only been 9 days since I had my gallbladder removed via a huge 17cm cut across my stomach but I'm getting so bored! Still at least another 2 or 3 weeks before I can work. I'm broke and bored and I hate it. It's driving me crazy!!
    That really sucks to hear Jena, put it this way though mate; In the long run you'll be far better off for it as in 10 years time you'll likely think - "3 weeks?, meh!".
    I wish you a speedy recovery dude, the faster the better eh?

One thing I've learned from my time participating in Medieval/Renaissance re-enactments... medieval/renaisscance life SUCKED! Try going a few days/weeks without modcons... you'll be begging for a comfy bed, shower, pizza and a Coke real soon! (thankfully we were allowed to use modern toilets (and girls were allowed to use modern feminine hygiene products)). Makes you appreciate simple things like electric lights. Man... fire (incl. candles, lamps etc) really suck as sources of light compared to even the most basic electric torch!

*snip*
    Hehe, never one to turn down the chance to dress fancy huh Goki?

Keep in mind that you are only missing those things because you know about them. People in medieval times only knew of what they had.

Now having said that, life in medieval Europe was pretty horrible. Do anything new or innovative or simply stand out from the crowd and suddenly you have the inquisition on you. If you were born a peasant, your life expectancy would have probably been like 30 years.

Ironically enough, 1000 years before the Romans had baths and toilets which were not that dissimilar to modern ones (they had running water) so much of the medieval 'discomfort' was also due to the theocratic backwards mentality that gripped the western world of the era.
    QFT

There is a reason this era was labelled the Dark Ages (I know, technically the period came before the Medieval ) but I will cut myself off there before I very likely offend people - Let's just say I bloody agree with you Kup.
    (Hell, the Ancient Egyptians were more advanced 2000 years earlier! )

I don't know what everyone's complaining about eh?

Every time I'm stuck in traffic or on a long flight I prospectively miss teleportation.
    Because you know that it can exist in a fictional world

(for now at least)

The thing is that sometimes when someone parks so badly that they are partially taking the space beside it, the person who tries to park in that space has to purposely park incorrectly in order to avoid being too close to the offending car. This causes a kind of chain reaction in the whole row..
    Very observant of you mr Kup! I've come to notice this too. Half the time, it's usually someone elses fault further down the parking lot

<snip>
    Kudos for combining the topics of dentistry and medieval life! This medieval photo actually made me laugh out loud. Good ole fashioned yank should do the trick. They obviously went without the anaesthetic

<edit> that fella having his tooth removed looks like he's having a blast as well.

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Very observant of you mr Kup! I've come to notice this too. Half the time, it's usually someone elses fault further down the parking lot
    Yeah, but I refuse to intentionally partake in bad parking if someone else is parked badly. Although one time I was in a parking lot and there was only ONE space left, and the car next to it was double-parked. I was driving a small car, so I squeezed myself into that space, which effectively blocked off the driver's door... but I thought, "Oh well, you chose to park like that - I have no other choice" -- which was true, because the car to my right was parked normally. I took a photo of the way that car was parked next to mine, just in case. When I came back to my car, the offending car (who was a P plater btw) was gone and there were MASSIVE long running dents/scratches along the left side of my car! Obviously the driver had thought, "Well screw you" and just forced his door into the left side of my car and drove off!

I went to the police and showed them the photo, but they said that unless I actually saw that driver doing it, they couldn't do anything because that other driver could simply say that it was someone else (and the corresponding damage on his right side with the same colour paint as my car on it was just a "coincidence"). So the cops didn't car. *sigh*

So now if I see someone parked like that, I'll just find somewhere else to park - even if it's heaps further away (hey, more incidental exercise, right?). But I absolutely refuse to lower myself to the level of another bad driver and double park just because the car in the adjacent parking spot is doing so.

Wow really? Good thing you posted that gok, golden info. I usually avoid parking in spaces where someone has double parked, but there have been occasions where I just try to squeeze in there anyway because that's the only space available.

I tend to write down or memorise their licence plate number of the offending car in the event that if they scratch or damage my car, I can report it. However from your experience that wouldn't help one bit if something bad went down.

I suppose that's another one of life's lessons eh? Avoid where possible.

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    I tend to write down or memorise their licence plate number of the offending car in the event that if they scratch or damage my car, I can report it. However from your experience that wouldn't help one bit if something bad went down.
    Pretty much. Without photographic evidence or an independent third party witness, you're just wasting your time.

When I used to drive the old '86 sedan that was already beaten up and encountered bad parkers I'd park right up next to them to piss them off. That'll teach them a lesson.