Page 10 of 168 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

Had it for 6.5 hours now and still haven't opened the shipping box!!!

May have to wait until tomorrow.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Overall I am impressed with the quality of this set.

The method that the limbs combine to form Giant is a bit strange, and personally I prefer the FP Colossus combination method.

That said, I felt there was care taken to ensure that all the components slotted together nicely.

It's inevitable that I'd think back to my FP Colossus and compared this with it. I think Colossus still has slightly better integration and versatility of the way it uses the components.

However, Green Giant is still a very nice set, with a good colour scheme and attention to detail. In my opinion, a definite buy if you can afford it.

Here are some photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shgt/se...7631063959772/

Really awesome news guys! Argghhh, it's going to be another 4-6 weeks until I get to celebrate as well..

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    WARNING: Several combining ports and individual transformation parts have 'push' buttons that unlocks parts which can be a bit hidden in the design. If you see something that you know should separate but can't, look for a little button to push. Don't force things if they are locked as you may damage the mechanism.
    Is this stipulated in the instructions? Also are the instructions in Japanese?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Thanks for the photos! Would you be able to get a size comparison with FP Bruticus? So far I've only seen the comparisons with the pewter prototype

From the instruction manual, Close up of what seems to their next release, The Fallen:

If Gok ventures in here perhaps he could give us the gist of what is being said??
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

A few pics

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Is this stipulated in the instructions? Also are the instructions in Japanese?

Thanks for the photos! Would you be able to get a size comparison with FP Bruticus? So far I've only seen the comparisons with the pewter prototype
    All the text is in Japanese, but you do not need to be able to read it to know how to transform them. I got by fine with just looking at the pictures and observing the figures carefully (because I always think I may accidentally break something).

However, the instructions for actually combining the figures into Giant leave a bit to be desired as I felt some steps could have benefitted from additional photos.

Unfortunately my FP Colossus is in storage deep in my daughter's room, so comparison shots are not possible - perhaps one of the other members could help you?

I found the forearms quite hard to insert into the upper arms. I had to use a lot of "controlled force" and nudge the joints together. But that was the only area where I had some issues.

The pictures on the box, along with the Japanese text gave me a sense of pseudo-authentic-official-ness, though of course I know it's an unauthorised product.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Overall I am impressed with the quality of this set.

The method that the limbs combine to form Giant is a bit strange, and personally I prefer the FP Colossus combination method.

That said, I felt there was care taken to ensure that all the components slotted together nicely.

It's inevitable that I'd think back to my FP Colossus and compared this with it. I think Colossus still has slightly better integration and versatility of the way it uses the components.

However, Green Giant is still a very nice set, with a good colour scheme and attention to detail. In my opinion, a definite buy if you can afford it.

Here are some photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shgt/se...7631063959772/
    Sam, I think you have yours not properly transformed and connected. I can see that one leg is shorter than the other possibly due to Mixmaster's robot mode waist not being pushed in. I also fell on this trap when I first combined it and it took me a while to realize what was wrong.

This figure is much more stable than FP Bruticus as all combiner limbs are ratcheting joints but for the ratchet to work, you need to properly lock the joints. If not done properly, the arms will either be weak or flop around.

Remember what I said about buttons for hooking up joints on the previous page.

However, the instructions for actually combining the figures into Giant leave a bit to be desired as I felt some steps could have benefitted from additional photos.
    I do totally agree on this. The instructions are nice looking but they skip steps! However once you transform once for any figure, you don't really need the instructions any more as the design is pretty good. However the engineering must be understood first, this is different to a standard Hasbro toy.
    Last edited by kup; 14th August 2012 at 11:49 PM.

All I can say is, yaaaaaaaaaaaayy!!! Can't wait for Sunday to come.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Sam, I think you have yours not properly transformed and connected. I can see that one leg is shorter than the other possibly due to Mixmaster's robot mode waist not being pushed in. I also fell on this trap when I first combined it and it too me a while to realize what was wrong.
    Are you able to show me an "exploded view" to clarify? I think the problem with mine was that the back is not connected properly - I noticed that one side is shorter than the other. The longer side I know needs to be pushed in further, but I didn't feel good about using more force (this is not the part where I need to pinch the locking tabs by the way, that part seems okay).

For me, the forearms were pushed in as much as I could after pinching in the locking tabs on either side - the fit between the connectors were really, really tight. :0

Comparisons with FP Bruticus: