Page 72 of 120 FirstFirst ... 526267686970717273747576778292 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    What do we have here? Looks like a kicked off a little debate

As much as I'd like the third part of the Prime Wars trilogy to be all about beasts (and I don't just mean Beast Wars characters -- the Dinobots and G1 Predacons are long-overdue for the Generations treatment), I'm becoming more inclined to think it would be a gimmick-based line like Combiners and Headmasters, with an interchanging playability, and the only real G1 gimmick for them to draw on is Pretenders.

Given the technology available and design prowess these days, I'd be inclined to think they'd be along the lines of the Mega Pretenders and Ultra Pretenders, with both the external shell and inner robot having the ability to transform.

The sometimes organic or bestial nature of the Pretenders would be a logical segue into a line of Dinobots, Predacons and more Beast Wars toys!

But this is all just the musings of a madman.
    Well Grimlock was a pretender... So you might not be as mad as you think

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Well Grimlock was a pretender... So you might not be as mad as you think
    I think there'd be an uproar if Grimlock got a Pretender toy before a proper T-Rex

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I think there'd be an uproar if Grimlock got a Pretender toy before a proper T-Rex
    Lol, you are probably right but maybe your idea of a Transforming shell could be implemented

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Lol, you are probably right but maybe your idea of a Transforming shell could be implemented
    Something along the lines of Generations Ultra Magnus?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

After all the times I've seen CW Trailbreaker on display (at BotCon or in stores in Melbourne) or the images online, I never noticed that the right arm has been replaced with a gun arm like Shockwave.
    I haven't seen what he currently looks like in the IDW comic (if in it at all), so I guess it is to replicate the original cartoon/comic that had him with his toy missile plugged into the wrist like a pointy gun... this one looks weird for being a big barrel gun.
    So I'm surprised I never noticed it before.

I had just thought it was only a redeco of Ironhide with a new head (it should have been a redeco of Firstaid though, as the original Trailbreaker had a canopy tray not an open tray).

It's an original G1 homage. IDW Trailbreaker has two hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It's an original G1 homage. IDW Trailbreaker has two hands.
    Gen. Thrilling 30 Trailcutter is based on the IDW design, the CW version homages the G1 version, at least sort of.

Kinda cool that two releases of the same character so close together went for different source material.

Been so long since I got cw aerialbots.... And never opened my uw set... That transforming the individuals of the G2 set had me questioning if I'd even had the originals in bot mode! What's with skydives arms?

But reaffirms my stance.... No way are skydive and air raid remoulds in my mind...

Never realised how much Actionmaster Sideswipe is worth due to his rarity

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Been so long since I got cw aerialbots.... And never opened my uw set... That transforming the individuals of the G2 set had me questioning if I'd even had the originals in bot mode! What's with skydives arms?

But reaffirms my stance.... No way are skydive and air raid remoulds in my mind...
    Look at the legs, contour of the lower arms (although the detailing has been changed) along with the rear fins, and you'll see the shared history. This is quite an extreme re-mould/re-tool scenario, more than Spring/Storm levels.