Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 919242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars Toyline: Rumors, Speculation, Ideas etc

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Scrounge was a minor character in a single comic book, but served to show the severity of Decepticon rule under Straxus, and his death lead to Blaster choosing to take more significant action against the Decepticons.

Kinda like Biggs Darklighter in the Star Wars saga - minor character with significance to one of the major characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    He's also memorable as being one of the first Transformers to actually die in the comic book (compared to deactivated even apparently irreparably like Sunstreaker) as well as being one of the first non-toy characters introduced in them.

But I think generally it's also partly because he's one of those characters who's obscure enough that you'd never think he'd ever get a new toy.
    Thanks for the insight. Yes he seems like a cult comic book hero. I never read the comics though I did get that 30th anniversary retail set last year that has the first 8 G1 comics. I should try reading them to see if I'll get hooked, though I've never been into comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Thanks for the insight. Yes he seems like a cult comic book hero. I never read the comics though I did get that 30th anniversary retail set last year that has the first 8 G1 comics. I should try reading them to see if I'll get hooked, though I've never been into comic books.
    If you've never been into comic books the early Marvel TF comics are unlikely to win you over. Comic books in the 1980s are a lot wordier and the art is less polished compared to today's books. The first few issues of Marvel's comics are very clunky in all respects really, but that set includes #7 and #8 which are two of my favourites issues.

I really want that Botcon Terrorsaur. How likely is it that it is available down the track (eBay, etc.) for a decent price?
    WANTS
    G1 Vortex w/ weapons
    Beast Wars Basic Rattrap head and gun

Quote Originally Posted by davieanix View Post
    I really want that Botcon Terrorsaur. How likely is it that it is available down the track (eBay, etc.) for a decent price?
    Give it about 10-12 months once all the hype has died down

You know what would be really neat? If they released Scoop as a standalone figure, that also had the ability to combine into devastator's leg as a G1 throwback.

Having a big arse devvy on my shelf, with an orange leg. I'd dig that
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Woulda been nice to have gotten an animal group in CW.

Woulda been cool is said animal group combined into a big animal rather than a humanoid... maybe a big bear or t-rex or something. THAT woulda been sweet.

An original team with new models woulda cool, and certainly woulda been cool to have more than one flippin helicopter design

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I think STL was referring to how Takara's photography usually looks like the actual toy, whereas Hasbro's toy photography is often doctored like a McDonald's menu. Takara typically relies on just good photography whereas Hasbro seems more reliant on Photoshop.
    You are correct in saying that the Takara are more like their pics with their toys.

It's not the fact that Hasbro photoshop, i think and i've seen this with other brands of toys and hobbies, is that the pic is usually of their show special, or the display on the package being sort of like a marquis figure. However the production line figure is very different.

Prime example (pun intended) the first edition Optimus from AOE on the box has alot of flashy chrome, whilst the figure itself is very grey (may need some cheering up).

But then the same figure was released with the reverse flames and flashy chrome with the trailer, this should've been how the figure should've looked like from the word get go.

Or how Silver Bolt looks like the metallic parts are gold on the back of the box, but they're really bright orange...

Quote Originally Posted by Keidatron View Post
    Woulda been cool is said animal group combined into a big animal rather than a humanoid... maybe a big bear or t-rex or something. THAT woulda been sweet.
    I've got the image of BWII Magmatron in mind. The animal combined form might be a bit hard to achieve in terms of colours - you either have a consistently coloured combined animal with 5 individual parts potentially looking odd, or 5 robots with good alt modes and a combined form that's oddly coloured in different places.

On another note, I'd look forward to another bear design. Needs to be more vicious looking that Polar Claw. Don't mind if its robotic like the Dinobots/Predacons.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

The TakaraTomy Unite Warriors release of Sky Reign should keep up the Energon homage that was begun with Grand Convoy Prime:

Wheeljack would see the least changes, with only his black parts replaced with yellow, however, his name would be changed to Downshift;

Smokescreen would be repainted in yellow and released as Hot Shot;

Trailbreaker would have a new head sculpted and a maroon/pink colour scheme with the requisite flames, to be included as Rodimus Convoy;

Hound would be repainted in blue and red, and sold as Roadbuster;

Sky Lynx would have a new maroon and white colour scheme replacing his existing blue and red, and would be sold under the name of Skyfire.

Would you buy this set if TakaraTomy were to announce it?