Thread: Errors that made it on the TF cartoon series

Megatran Guest

Default Errors that made it on the TF cartoon series

Been watching a few episodes of the 80's G1 cartoon on DVD. Boy there some silly errors that made it on to the cartoon that I never noticed watching it back in the 80's as a little kid.

* The return of Optimus Prime (part 2): Jessica (human) momentarily 'loses' her exo-suit on planet Char in a scene on the Spider's web.

* The burden harderst to bear: Hot Rod momentarily 'loses' his Autobot sign on his chest. Must be a KO stunt double.

Loads more here.

Those are classics! LOL!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

There should be an MP subline for animation errors!

Do it Takara! I want Constructiwave!:

Bottom line, 80's animation is full of errors. Even something with higher production value like the 86' movies has errors.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

lol. read the episode guides on tfwiki, there is a substantial list for each one! some people think 'carnage in c minor' is the worst of the lot. i did some photos for that scene where UM smashes the constructicons together, i'll try digging it up.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    some people think 'carnage in c minor' is the worst of the lot.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Itidls_9II

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post

Loads more here.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Very cool!

There's a TFwiki page regarding animation errors in Transformers. There's also a gallery here.

The Japanese G1 series had some continuity errors, initially because TFTM came out later in Japan and initially Kaneda Masumi wasn't aware of which characters had died off in the movie. Hence we see Prowl appear in Headmasters. This error has since been retroactively corrected by Ichikawa Hirofumi, giving us the character of Prowl II. IDW has also since retroactively stated Beast Wars Transmetal Prowl as being Prowl II, with Magnaboss Prowl being the original. The same thing happened with Wheeljack, who appeared in Transformers Victory where he, Perceptor and Minerva rebuilt God Ginrai as Victory Leo. To make things weirder, they also changed Wheeljack (and Perceptor's) voice actors.

The live action movies also have loads of errors, and here are some videos pointing them out:
    TF1
    RotF
    DotM
    AoE