Page 69 of 154 FirstFirst ... 495964656667686970717273747989 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Just saw Jurassic World, if you have seen JP then you don't need to see this as it's a copy and paste of the original.

Quote Originally Posted by twincobra View Post
    Just saw Jurassic World, if you have seen JP then you don't need to see this as it's a copy and paste of the original.
    It really felt like 1 mashed with 3 to me, the way I-Rex kept hunting down the main cast like the Spino did. They also did that hide while the I-Rex sniffs thing way too often. Probably should have removed/scaled back the military stuff too. It really felt like a rewrite to tighten up the script would have gone a long way.
    Got a tad jokey in the wrong parts, clashes with the tone of the chaos at the end. But that seems to be the thing to do these days, the original chose it's moments better.

I did like the Rex/Raptor wombo combo. Seeing the OG Rex from JP was the highlight of the movie.

I thought it was pretty good, possibly the best Jurassic Park movie since the original.

You could argue, quite rightly, that you've 'seen it before' with the previous three movies - there's only so many ways you can do 'dinosaurs run amok' before it starts to get repetitive - but I think the writers were aware of that and wrote it into the script, hence the references to static/declining park attendance and the need for a new attraction in the form of Indominus rex.

The paramilitary aspect wasn't overplayed to me; it makes sense that there would be a small army on standby in the event of a dinosaur escape.

Finally, let me say that I for one am glad that the 'mistake' of Jurassic Park 3 was 'corrected' with the Tyrannosaurus fight

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    The paramilitary aspect wasn't overplayed to me; it makes sense that there would be a small army on standby in the event of a dinosaur escape.

Finally, let me say that I for one am glad that the 'mistake' of Jurassic Park 3 was 'corrected' with the Tyrannosaurus fight
    My issue was the WMDinosaurs thing added nothing other than sequel bait, ditto on the JP3 'correction'

Watched Jupiter Ascending last night.

What a steaming pile of what the hell!!!!
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Watched Jupiter Ascending last night.

What a steaming pile of what the hell!!!!
    Yeah that was terrible. Worse movie I have seen this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post

If they were to create a movie following the Jurassic era, half the dinosaurs that have been in the 4 movies wouldn't be included? I'm no prehistoric buff, but I've heard that almost all dinosaurs had feathers on them. Raptors were no-where near the size they have been portrayed in the movies .........
    I think the closest to it are known as the utah raptor

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utahraptor

Though thats my opinion any way

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    I think the closest to it are known as the utah raptor

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utahraptor

Though thats my opinion any way
    That's right, when writing Jurassic Park Utahraptor was misidentified as a full grown Velociraptor, the movie never corrected that.

There's a wonderful moment in Jurassic World where concerns of the inaccuracy of the dinosaurs is addressed.

Pure Summer blockbuster, executed excellently and well worth the popcorn.

How it should of ended take on jurassic world

Note spoilers
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TXGCyjJh48I