View Poll Results: GEN-15 DLX Streetwise - worth buying?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 84.62%
  • Only if...

1 7.69%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 7.69%

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-2015 DLX Streetwise

Default Toy Review - GEN-2015 DLX Streetwise

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)
    Impressions of the group or a combiner as a whole can be posted here or in the pre-existing group review topic here.

STREETWISE
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - major remould of Deadend
    Wave - 3
    Released here - Not here yet (out in Asia April)
    Approximate Retail Price - (probably about $30) US$17
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Police car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner limb
    Main Colours - white, black, red
    Main Accessories - gun, combiner fist/foot

Here's the last review in the new wave of Combiner Wars Deluxe figures with Streetwise. It's a heavy retool of the previous Dead End, but still looks pretty good.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Streetwise - YouTube

Hope you can check out the video

Certainly a heavy retool of Dead End, but I think they've included enough molding differences that they dont look identical at all. The paint application is nicely done throughout, and I still love the elegant transformation sequence (especially the legs).

The chunkiness of the alt mode fits in well with the other chunky alt modes of First Aid and Rook, and the whole team does gel well with each other.

Looking forward to checking out Hotspot and seeing how Defensor looks combined. Hopefully it's better than the terrible Menasor!

My thoughts

Robot Mode
    Not as lanky as the G1 version, but the legs are certainly better. And looks a lot more like the G1 version than the Asia Kids Day one we got last year. Nice head sculpt, decent articulation, good hand weapon. Overall very nice

Police Cruiser Mode
    A little chunky for my liking, I liked the G1 and particularly the Asia Kids Day ones better - seems to borrow a bit from the Asia Kids Day colour scheme too. But a decent looking cop car - certainly wouldn't wanna be doing a runner from him on a highway

Transformation
    Easy - like, way easy! Maybe it's just that he's the 12th Deluxe Combiner Wars toy I've transformed and they are all pretty much the same after a while

Overall
    A robot mode that emulates the G1 version, a vehicle mode with colours reminicent of the the Asia Kids Day version, and can combine with the other Protectobots to form Defensor. There is not a lot here not to like. Good bio with the comic (though he's not in the comics actual story), he is certainly worth picking up if you intend to build Defensor