View Poll Results: GEN-15 Leader Thundercracker - worth buying?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 25.00%
  • Only if...

2 25.00%
  • No

2 25.00%
  • Not even interested

2 25.00%

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Leader Thundercracker

Default Toy Review - Generations Leader Thundercracker

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)
    Impressions of the group or a combiner as a whole can be posted in the pre-existing group review topic here.

THUNDERCRACKER
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Leader
    New/remould/redeco - Major remould of 2014 Jetfire
    Wave - 2
    Released here - Not yet (out in Asia April)
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$95 (US$45)
    Approximate Size - 25cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Fighter Jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Firing Missile
    Main Colours - Dark blue, black, red, grey
    Main Accessories - Four guns, missile, launcher

Here's my review of the new Combiner Wars Leader class Thundercracker. I'm rather disappointed to be honest, especially after thinking the previous wave's Megatron was pretty decent!

Transformers Generations Combiners Wars Thundercracker Leader class - YouTube

The Bad:
    - Light piping for the eyes
    - Way in which shoulders and hips loosely join to the body
    - Angling in of the feet not really matching well with the ratchet points of hips
    - Fiddly transformation, especially the chest area that folds into the cockpit in alt mode

The Good:
    - The alt mode is pretty nice

I'm actually looking forward to this guy, as Jetfire looks awesome and Thundercracker is my favourite Seeker
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

My thoughts

Robot Mode - really damn nice! The change of having the tailfins above the regular wings at the back almost adds a subtle majesty rather than irritating you because its not 100% G1 accurate. The sculpting on the body is really nice, the weapons are good - overall just great!

Jet Mode - also damn nice! The colours are spot on, despite the lack of an extra strip on the wings. A bit of kibble underneath but nothing as bad as the likes of TAV Dreadwing. Weapons look good on the wings, nice details like the fact the yellow cockpit is opaque and you can see the seat inside. Again, beautiful!

Transformation
    If you've done the latest Generations Jefire then you already know what to do - I did have to refer to the instructions once to remind myself on how to get the robots chest to hook up to the rest for jet mode.

Overall
    This is a really good retool of Generations Leader Jetfire. And since I don't own MP Thundercracker (the only Seeker I don't have an MP of) he is easily the nicest looking and biggest Thundercracker in my collection. Great weapons, good paintjob, nice details - hell the collectors card you get with him even has different artwork to the Legends version released earlier! I highly recommend this figure to 'Cracker fans, Seeker collectors and G1 enthusiasts alike

I'm personally yet to be convinced that this guy (or any of the 2015 seekers) need to be in my collection. I already have the Classics/Universe/Generations ones and the MP ones and am reaching a point where space is starting to demand a premium.

It looks interesting though.

So don't consider this a put down of the toy. Consider this an opportunity to convince another fan of why he needs Leader TC!

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    I'm personally yet to be convinced that this guy (or any of the 2015 seekers) need to be in my collection. I already have the Classics/Universe/Generations ones and the MP ones and am reaching a point where space is starting to demand a premium.

It looks interesting though.

So don't consider this a put down of the toy. Consider this an opportunity to convince another fan of why he needs Leader TC!
    If you have the CHUG and MP versions you probably don't need him. However he is a very cool toy so if you know anyone that has one have a play with theirs and then make your final decision