Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dinobots 5-pack at Zing for $118

Default Dinobots 5-pack at Zing for $118

The Platinum Edition 5-pack of Movie Dinobots with Gen1 heads, is now out at Zing Pop Culture stores, for just $118.
    That's two Voyagers and three Deluxe toys, which would be worth about $175 individually... or more, with all the extra chrome on them.
    (when this set was released at ToysRUs in December 2015, they priced it at $250)

It also looks like some Zing stores have restocked with some Titans Return toys too.
    If your store hasn't, ask them to request more stock from their head office, because the more demand there is for the Generations toys, the more stock Hasbro Australia will bring into the country... and the less waves we will miss, from slow restocking.

Megatran Guest

Off topic but Zing also has the TF licensed merchandise Hero Lamp - Optimus Prime. By Wicked Replicas. $38.

Zing confounds me sometimes.
    I see posts like this, then I think of how they charge $42.50 for a simple Black Series Star Wars figure that you can get 2 shops down for $35 (cheaper if they're on sale)
    Perplexing.

$42.50? They had them for $48 over here. And that's for Jyn Erso and unmasked Kylo which are in abundance at TRU.

And people bought them. IDGI.

Not to threadjack, I've also seen this set for $140 recently at TRU over in WA.

I can't recall if that was standard pricing or not.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I wish BBTS wouldn't keep pushing my orders back a month. I keep seeing deals like this and thinking I can't afford them as any day I could have a bunch of preorders cone in and chew up my savings

Not a terrible set, I quite like the designs, the main problem is how small they are, particularly Snarl, Slag and Swoop being based on AOE Deluxes. It wouldn't be right for the Dinobots to be some of the smallest Autobots on the shelf.

Given how Hasbro completely sidestepped all the animal combiners (Predaking, Piranacon and Abominus), I have a hunch that there'll be an 'animal' themed second round of the Combiner Wars at some point, and it's then that we'll get some proper Classics Dinobots.

I wouldn't object to a large-scale Dinobot combiner similar to CW Devastator, myself.

Picked one up today from TRU for $99.98. I originally passed at $150 but at $100, I caved.😁 Online also. http://www.toysrus.com.au/transforme...pack_10486288/

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Picked one up today from TRU for $99.98. I originally passed at $150 but at $100, I caved.😁 Online also. http://www.toysrus.com.au/transforme...pack_10486288/
    Took a look - postage to Tas was going to be $42.. What the actual hell. Meanwhile Zing wants $9 for postage which seems much more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Took a look - postage to Tas was going to be $42.. What the actual hell. Meanwhile Zing wants $9 for postage which seems much more reasonable.
    Wow..I know TRU calculate the postage from the nearest store with stock to you but $42??