Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Most Favourite Figure of all time

Default Your Most Favourite Figure of all time

Sorry if this is a lot of post, took a while for my account to be activated and I have a lot of questions that I am just remembering.

I am wondering what are each of your individual most favourite transformer figure of all time, as there have been so many figures through the 30+ years.

As masterpieces are no doubt expensive and better quality, if your favourite is a masterpiece or a very expensive bot can you also please tell us what your favourite non expensive (standard priced) transformer is? thanks!

Pictures are very much appreciated, would make the thread very nice to browse through.

Easily RotF Leader Starscream. Accuracy, interesting transformation, fun gimmicks (love the flip out weapons!). That retailed at the time for the average leader class price.

I have the MPM-01 redeco MIB. I bought it at the time it released. I can't remember what the RRP was at the time, though I know on the secondary market now it does fetch quite a good price. I also have the GDO/Generations (can't remember which subline) G1 repaint, though again can't remember the RRP or how much I paid for it.

A shout here for ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (and the myriad repaints thereof), but Starscream pips him to the post for favourite figure ever.

As for super duper expensive stuff, I'm a big fan of Fansproject's take on Menasor. That whole set ran close to $500 USD at the time, and while it doesn't fit in aesthetically or size wise with other combiners (3P or otherwise) it's still my favourite.

While we're talking 3P I love Planet-X Vulcun (FOC Grimlock) to bits. I think that ran me about $120 USD at release. Worth it though.

As for average priced stuff, here are a smattering of my favourites from voyager and below, in no order of preference:

Deluxe
    Titans Return Triggerhappy
    Titans Return Wolfwire
    Prime First Edition Starscream
    Prime First Edition/Generations GDO Cliffjumper
    Generations Drift
    Generations WFC Optimus Prime
    Transformers Animated Rodimus Minor
    Universe 2.0 Cyclonus
    Hunt for the Decepticons Tomahawk
    Classics 1.0 Mirage
    Transmetals Tarantulas
    RotF Sidearm Sideswipe
    Movie 2007 Dropkick
    Movie 2007 Longarm

Voyager (or equivalent)
    Generations Springer
    Revenge of the Fallen Mindwipe
    Dark of the Moon Human Alliance Roadbuster
    Revenge of the Fallen Human Alliance Jazz

These are the figures that more or less constantly reside in the toybox in my living room for idle fidgeting while watching movies.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

This is like asking a parent who their favourite child is. Ya know, out of 2023 kids.
    There's a link to photos of my collection in my signature panel (albeit old and out-of-date photos now )

But okay, lemme try favourites by year...

+1984: Soundwave
    +1985: Beachcomber
    +1986: Ultra Magnus
    +1987: Apeface
    +1988: Quake
    +1989: Countdown
    +1990: Ground Hog
    +1991: Gripper
    +1992: Hurricane
    +1993: Deftwing
    +1994: Megatron
    +1995: Laser Optimus Prime
    +1996: Optimus Primal (Ultra)
    +1997: Airazor
    +1998: Megatron (Transmetal)
    +1999: Archadis
    +2000: Super Mach Alert
    +2001: Blast Punch Optimus Primal
    +2002: Runway
    +2003: Unicron
    +2004: MP1 Convoy
    +2005: BT Overdrive
    +2006: Classics Bumblebee
    +2007: Leader Class Optimus Prime
    +2008: Henkei! Sunstreaker
    +2009: Leader Class Optimus Prime
    +2010: Bludgeon
    +2011: United Frenzy
    +2012: MP Alert
    +2013: MP Soundwave
    +2014: MP Ultra Magnus
    +2015: Combiner Wars Megatron
    +2016: MP Ironhide

Armada hot shot is the best transformer hands down
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

FatalityPitt Guest

It changes. Some days I like a certain Transformer more than the one I liked the previous day. Also, newer and better Transformers come out each year. Below is a list of the 5 most recurring (no particular order):

- MP-11 Starscream : Because it's the most advanced and most definitive toy of one of my all-time favourite villains.
    - TR Deluxe Chromedome : Latest and greatest toy of my favourite Autobot character.
    (G1 Starscream and Chromedome are my favourites, character-wise)
    - TF Prime Voyager War Breakdown : Fun and interesting transformation and design. Has a cool and unique accessory (a hammer that becomes a rhino).
    - G1 Soundwave + Cassettes : A classic Transformer with so much play value.
    - G1 Fort Max : Loved the character since I was a kid. A fun play-set with loads of play-value.

Honourable mention:
    - Legion G2 Megatron : Small, and cheap, but durable and fun version of an iconic villian. I feel I can transform it to my heart's content without fear of breaking it.

I am not sure if I should post, but my fav would have to be Sideways (Armada).

He combines elements of Headmaster and has a really awesome color scheme that is very beautiful to hold in rl.

And his character is just so cool!

http://t03.deviantart.net/kyhiVt8gC-...er-d4u1thm.png
    Last edited by griffin; 14th March 2017 at 08:06 PM.

My others are the G1 Hun-gurrr, G1 Bruticus, G1 Soundblaster and Cybertron sideswipe.

Last edited by griffin; 14th March 2017 at 08:07 PM. Reason: hotlinked image replaced with link

Last edited by griffin; 14th March 2017 at 08:08 PM. Reason: hotlinked image replaced with link

Last edited by griffin; 14th March 2017 at 08:09 PM. Reason: hotlinked image replaced with link