Page 773 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 753763768769770771772773774775776777778783793 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,730 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    It looks like they ship immediately once it's in stock
    Thanks, me

My MP Wheeljack, the Asian exclusive one, was the first time I ever got an Asian exclusive MP and it didn't come with the little slip of paper with the code to access TakaraTOMY's online survey (which, among other things, allows you to vote/nominate Transformers character that you'd like to see as future MPs). lancalot said that his Asian MP20s didn't come with the slips either.

So is this a common thing with all Asian exclusive MPs, or is did lancalot and I just luck out? And if the former is true, would people be interested if we just shared the access codes on the board? It's pretty much the one code for each toy.

Spoilers for those that haven't read Hasbro's Covenant of Primus or IDW's RID #34:

Reading on other boards, people are fine with the inclusion of The 13 origin story, but put the disclaimer that they don't want Optimus Prime to be the 13th Prime. But it's all part and parcel of it, isn't it? Optimus Prime was the 13th Prime who had his memory wiped in the TF: Prime universe, so seemingly he's now wandered off into a different universe, had his memories wiped all over again and is now Optimus Prime in the IDW universe, wiped, and then in the G1 cartoon universe, wiped, and then in the G2 Comics universe...

Is that really a plausible answer? He's been compared to a robot Jesus for a long time, but now he's knowingly seeking out universes in order to save them because that's what he's destined to do?!

If we're to roll with this 13 Origin Story, why can't 13 Primes simply be created in each of the universes of the Multiverse? Wouldn't that be easier? Why make them singularities?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Is that really a plausible answer?
    No, multiversal singularities is a stupid answer to anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    ..why can't 13 Primes simply be created in each of the universes of the Multiverse? Wouldn't that be easier? Why make them singularities?
    Why indeed. Multiversal singularities is a stupid idea. It makes more sense that in many alternate realities Primus created a group of original TFs but in some he didn't and in some TFs came into being another way (see the g1 cartoon). Similar events happening in parallel universes makes more sense than a being switching between every universe.

I'm fine with Primus being a Singularity. I'm fine with Unicron, as Primus' counterpoint, to be one also. But for individual characters like The 13, its just seems to get really messy, really quickly.

How can the 13 have lead tribes on Cybertron in the IDW universe, when they warred and tried to kill each other in the TF: Prime Universe? Did Primus make them forget, move them all to a new universe and then start again?

It also seems to suggest that an entire universe has to run its course before another one can be started. For example, perhaps Optimus Prime is the only one of the 13 still alive in one particular universe. Primus can't set the 13 off and racing in another universe until Prime dies, right? How is that Multiversal if they're not running at the same time? Or am I getting Multiversal and Parallel confused?

Maybe I just don't think IDW needed the 13 origin story.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Hey fellas... should we be spoiler tagging stuff from the latest issue of RiD? I personally only read it today, but there might be others who haven't yet. Just suggestin'.

i don't think about such things as singularities & i feel great!

The problem with the singularity idea was twofold. First -- as Griffin pointed out in his extensive description, it was put together very haphazardly.

But the other problem was simply that as Transformers fiction moves forwards, it changes focus. When the singularity idea was first postulated it was during AEC -- the idea of Unicron being a universal unit came from that period... and it kinda makes sense when Unicron is your big central mofo, y'know?

But that's before IDW (which doesn't have a Unicron or a Primus), and before the movies, and before Animated or Prime, or the computer games... so yeah, as they tried to roll the idea forwards the fiction kept moving further away from it.

That's not to say that Transformers can't have ongoing fictional restraints. But they tend to be very broad (like "AUTOBOTS VS. DECEPTICONS!" or "OPTIMUS VS. MEGATRON!" or "STARSCREAM IS A TRAITOR!"), as opposed to something as specific and restrictive as this.

There's no way the Fallen who's on fire is the same guy as the Fallen in the second movie. It just doesn't make sense.

--Andrew S.
    (It's a stupid idea, and it can die in a fire.)

What we really need then is IDW to retcon it by having someone important like Alpha Trion mentioning in passing that it was just an unproven myth that there are multiversal singularities... and there, all fixed. Everyone who once was thought to be, is back to being different entities... and fans can have one less thing to get confused over.

Sadly I don't think Hasbro would ever afford IDW the power to retcon something a seemingly fundamental to Hasbro's forward plans. Their TV shows are always going to be their flagship, and so the upcoming RID show would be the only vehicle for such changes. But the more kid-friendly tone of the trailers seems to suggest that the show won't be going into anything as in-depth as TF: Prime.

It seems we'll be stuck with this Singularity crap for a while.