Page 199 of 307 FirstFirst ... 179189194195196197198199200201202203204209219 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 3063

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    We are not in the US, the rest of the world had no issues.
    There isn't any damn hr toys around anyway.
    But wasn't their statement that they have international rights outside of Japan? It could also explain why there wasn't much Macross merchandise in Oz all this time as well?

HG have the rights outside of Japan.

It's a bit of a gray area, but selling Macross product as an importer is not likely to attract a C&D from HG.

Hey TFI, are you buying directly through Arcadia or through a seller? Just wondering in case there are QC issues.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    HG have the rights outside of Japan.

It's a bit of a gray area, but selling Macross product as an importer is not likely to attract a C&D from HG.

Hey TFI, are you buying directly through Arcadia or through a seller? Just wondering in case there are QC issues.
    Hey Tober, through a Japanese wholeseller.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tfiguy View Post
    Hey Tober, through a Japanese wholeseller.
    So will you have Bandai macross frontier valks?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    But wasn't their statement that they have international rights outside of Japan? It could also explain why there wasn't much Macross merchandise in Oz all this time as well?
    Very sure I seen hobby shops sold macross do you remember love model kits and Yamato ones in Perth. Pretty sure HR did not sue them.

Very sure I seen hobby shops sold macross do you remember love model kits and Yamato ones in Perth. Pretty sure HR did not sue them.
    They can only sue them if they know about it. They don't instantly know when someone outside Japan slaps a for sale sign on a Macross item.

And they don't sue. They send a cease and desist letter that threatens to sue.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    They can only sue them if they know about it. They don't instantly know when someone outside Japan slaps a for sale sign on a Macross item.

And they don't sue. They send a cease and desist letter that threatens to sue.
    Singapore and Malaysia have sold thousands. I honestly think their rights stop at us as the rest of the world ignores it. As stated its a grey area. They do not own macross but robotech. And since no toys have been coming from them for a long time they don't exist for me.

Anyway HR has nothing on macross zero so they cannot stop that vf-0D from coming in.
    Last edited by drifand; 22nd October 2014 at 04:35 PM.

Next year apr

Singapore and Malaysia have sold thousands. I honestly think their rights stop at us as the rest of the world ignores it. As stated its a grey area. They do not own macross but robotech. And since no toys have been coming from them for a long time they don't exist for me.

Anyway HR has nothing on macross zero so they cannot stop that vf-0D from coming in.
    HG have been known to send C&D on products with the word 'Macross' in Oz before- hence why we've seen no Macross merchandise in normal stores- I'd have loved to get Macross 0 and Macross Frontier on DVD's/BR subbed but that's not going to happen unless we order it ourselves. With the internet it's not too bad these days but I used to remember the days when nothing came through.

Don't think HG is as stringent on it as they used to- think their fans have caught on about how poorly they're running their franchise to the ground and haven't been reporting things to HG as they did in the early naughties.