Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ToyWorld Optimus, 'Chase' and Brainstorm

Default ToyWorld Optimus, 'Chase' and Brainstorm

ToyWorld has revealed prototypes for their upcoming toys:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...-prime-177395/

Chase looks great in both robot mode and vehicle mode as to be expected. TW is doing a really good job with the Throttlebot team. They are keeping a 'Hasbro like' simplicity while being clever about it.

Brainstorm looks great but this means that ToyWorld is now in direct competition with FansProject. I figured they had some sort of arrangement since FP did not reveal a Hardhead. Maybe someone has violated the non-aggression pact and crossed the border?

Although I am liking the robot mode for Optimus, I am somewhat underwhelmed by the vehicle mode. I was never a fan of the Costa era IDW Prime design so this is falling a bit short for me..

Brainstorm looks great. Awesome to see these high calibre 3rd party re imaginings of our fav G1 characters.

Someone bring on Defensor already!

Another Brainstorm? Well that blows. We don't need multiple figures done by different companies. And I feel we are becoming oversaturated with 3rd party products.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Another Brainstorm? Well that blows. We don't need multiple figures done by different companies. And I feel we are becoming oversaturated with 3rd party products.
    I have to agree. It would be my preference if each tackled something different as it has normally been the case but now we are getting directly competing companies making the same subgroups (Devastator, Predaking, Headmasters).

I guess it technically isn't bad for the us the buyers as we get more stuff to choose from but it does feel a little saturated. I'd rather see them tackle characters no one else is doing.

Sorry Fansproject Im going to get Toyworlds Brainstorm. Love that Prime too

Hello new MtMtE Brainstorm...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Hey that brainstorm looks pretty good.

Happy with fansprojects hm line.
    Im all over that prime like white on rice!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I think different companies making the same figure creates a wonderfully competitive market that really benefits us - the consumers. It drives prices down, improves quality of product and give us a greater pool from which to choose from i.e. I may not like FP's take on a character, but I may like maketoys design.

I do agree that we're steadily becoming oversaturated with 3rd party stuff though. Feels like a new company pops up every second week to make a name for themselves. I guess there's just a big market and a very high demand for classics style G1 re imaginings at the moment.

OKay I can't really keep up now with who's who... so Toyworld.... theyre the makers of those "combiner -not-throttlebots " right? The one that started with the jeep? Are they the same makers of Hegemon?

Hmmm their version of not Brainstorm looks much better.... I may have to cancel on the FP pre order. Wonder how big this one is compared to Hardbone? - they made Hardbone as well right?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]