Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: February Finds

Now that's what i call a post/response hursticon!! Good job with the Barricade (my fav from the movie)

Just picked up a package from canofwhoopass at the p.o.......

I very excite!!! Open him when i get home

Well, thanks to Digital River bouncing back my payment for the Feb 15 sale
    (And a burst of fan rage making me say screw it and preordering everything off of BBTS) I had a bit of cash and thought Why not go get Megatron from Toys R Us? Seeing as I'll have the PRIME First Editions soon.

I really like the design of this toy but I'll share my thoughts in the review thread.

Megatron Hearts Pinkie Pie. And who am I to deny their love?

A very nice toy. Not a $50 dollar toy but I'm used to paying "impatience tax" and I'll give myself a thump when the Prime toys arrive at work.

edit: WOOOO! Photobucket worked!!

these here finally arrived today and it good to see everyone buying up big this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post

And a whole lot of fooling around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    A very very nice score with that price for Highbrow Odie, he'd sell like hotcakes on eBay at that price and Hursty would be there for 1 easily!
    ???, Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Motoko Kusanagi
    Got the last one I'm afraid, he was only so reduced for clearance purposes. Aside from the fugly hands I'm quite liking him, the alt mode is really awesome.

Your Kusanagi predates SAC by quite a bit btw, that's a GitS manga series figurine. Looks to be a special 2-pack repaint. Nice score.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    LOL! He was really getting into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    Now that's what i call a post/response hursticon!! Good job with the Barricade (my fav from the movie)

Just picked up a package from canofwhoopass at the p.o.......

I very excite!!! Open him when i get home
    Hehe, cheers Geiger - He too is one of my faves and I really hope we'll see his likeness cast in future aesthetics too, I'd love a G1 Classicsverse-erized Deluxe Barricade much like Animated Lugnut received.
    Pics man, gotta see those pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Well, thanks to Digital River bouncing back my payment for the Feb 15 sale
    (And a burst of fan rage making me say screw it and preordering everything off of BBTS) I had a bit of cash and thought Why not go get Megatron from Toys R Us? Seeing as I'll have the PRIME First Editions soon.

*snip*

I really like the design of this toy but I'll share my thoughts in the review thread.

*snip*

A very nice toy. Not a $50 dollar toy but I'm used to paying "impatience tax" and I'll give myself a thump when the Prime toys arrive at work.

edit: WOOOO! Photobucket worked!!
    Congrats on the figure TB, and for getting photobucket to work too!
    (Sorry to hear about what I suspect is Mattycollector.com buggering you up too dude )

Quote Originally Posted by iamirondude View Post
    these here finally arrived today and it good to see everyone buying up big this month.
    Ooh! congrats again man, you sure favour hauls huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Got the last one I'm afraid, he was only so reduced for clearance purposes. Aside from the fugly hands I'm quite liking him, the alt mode is really awesome.

Your Kusanagi predates SAC by quite a bit btw, that's a GitS manga series figurine. Looks to be a special 2-pack repaint. Nice score.
    Ah I see, then it most definitely was a case of right place/right time huh?
    Yeah, his hands are a little odd to say the least but his Alt mode sure is awesome IMO too.

Oh wow really?, I just assumed that she was from SAC due to that version wearing clothing a little more akin to that then the Movie versions - That being said though I can't read Japanese for thelife of me and haven't had the opportunity to read the Mangas yet.

Cheers for the link too dude; she was only $20 (Half price bin!?! ) but only came blistered solo on her card, of which was labelled... "Preview Exclusive".
    All I know is that I've been a big fan of GITS since first seeing the film back in the mid 90s and have just finished watching SAC in it's entirety so when I saw her there on Sunday I just had to have her - I'm a big fan of the Majors'.

Claimed a TF Prime Soundwave from my local TRU today.

Mknell; those are some of the coolest bloody shoes I've ever seen!
    Congratulations dude, tell me they're called Barricades!
    LOL Hursti that is the longest post ever, I'm not sure what they are called but they are Barricades now!!!!!

Hehe, cheers Geiger - He too is one of my faves and I really hope we'll see his likeness cast in future aesthetics too, I'd love a G1 Classicsverse-erized Deluxe Barricade much like Animated Lugnut received. [/SIZE]

Oh wow really?, I just assumed that she was from SAC due to that version wearing clothing a little more akin to that then the Movie versions - That being said though I can't read Japanese for thelife of me and haven't had the opportunity to read the Mangas yet.

Cheers for the link too dude; she was only $20 (Half price bin!?! ) but only came blistered solo on her card, of which was labelled... "Preview Exclusive".
    All I know is that I've been a big fan of GITS since first seeing the film back in the mid 90s and have just finished watching SAC in it's entirety so when I saw her there on Sunday I just had to have her - I'm a big fan of the Majors'.
    +1 for Classics Barricade.

I'm a sucker for the Major too, GitS is part of why I studied Philosophy in the uni days. Must post pics of the Good Smile Tachikoma sometime.
    Anyways, you can get an English translation of the manga, no time to search for a link sorry. Totally worth a read though a lot more lighthearted than the movie/series - not quite up there with the Akira manga but still awesome and with a few observations on Shirow's take on mecha/cyborgs.