Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BotCon guests and event details (not toy reveals)

(waited for tfw to work out all the twitter handles for me. )

Steve Blum (Voice of Heatwave in Rescue Bots, TFPrime Starscream, RiD Dark Scream, Fortress Maximus and W.A.R.S),
    Parvesh Cheena (Rescue Bots Blades),
    Jason Marsden
    (Kade Burns),
    Shannon McKain (Graham Burns),
    Elan Garfias (Cody Burns),
    Nicole Dubuc
    (Bumblebee and CAT, and writer for several Rescue Bots and Prime episodes),
    Greg Johnson Writer (also worked on Beast Wars) and
    Brian Hohlfeld
    Writer (also co-created the series with Dubuc and Jeff Kline.)

FunPub have released their preliminary list of people who have bought Artists tables for the Dealer Room's "Artist Alley", which includes a number of people who have worked on official projects, but some regular big names are missing (Khanna & Milne).

Since the Artist Tables are open to anyone, many are also just regular people trying to sell their creative drawings and customs (like in recent years).
    (as long as it isn't anything mass-produced, it looks to be okay by Hasbro for people to sell one-off commission productions)

I think the current & recent IDW artists included in the list are - Josh Burcham, Ken Christiansen, Casey Coller, Bill Forster, Matt Frank, Andrew Griffith, Marcelo Matere, Robby Musso, Joshua Perez, Livio Ramondelli, Sarah Stone.

I like the idea of the Artist Alley, but maybe they should start noting the ones who have worked on official projects (maybe have them note their resume on their registration form), so that it is easy to recognise who the lesser known ones are, or even be enlightened as to who worked on fan-favourite projects that are not as obvious.
    It's not to put down the amateurs at Artist Alley, as many of the "professionals" often aren't working on anything official anymore... but it would be nice to see if any of the unknowns have a resume of anything official (to have autographed or commissioned).

Looks like the Hall of Fame concept is continuing this year, as a number of American sites have apparently been invited to participate.
    At the convention, it is likely to be something similar to last year, with just a simple announcement of the winner at the Hasbro panel.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Looks like the Hall of Fame concept is continuing this year, as a number of American sites have apparently been invited to participate.
    At the convention, it is likely to be something similar to last year, with just a simple announcement of the winner at the Hasbro panel.
    Announcement at the Hasbro panel is what Seibertron are saying, it's a bummer that OTCA don't get asked to participate.
    And a shame that they're not making as big a deal about it as they did in the first few years.

I wonder if they'll ever release a DVD with all the nominations videos, I'd buy that.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

It seems that the Universal Studios event on June 20th is not just for BotCon attendees... as tickets will be on sale for anyone to attend the after-hours events and activities. (it doesn't make it as special if the general public can attend, but could be necessary to keep the cost down for FunPub, especially if they aren't able to sell out attendee packages)
    The program is said to have a Hasbro panel and a Stan Bush concert, along with some of the rides staying open for those extra 3 hours, but no mention of a sample or advance screening of the Movie.
    (but we will get an exclusive poster... so that makes it worth it )

I'm happy to have Stan Bush back, as it has been a while.
    (and I can harass him about some questions that have been bugging me for a while now)

Another guest has signed up at the last minute - Morgan Lofting, who voiced Firestar and Moonracer in the Gen1.

Looks to be a number of minor-role VAs this year from the original series... due to many of the big name VAs being guests at another convention that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Another guest has signed up at the last minute - Morgan Lofting, who voiced Firestar and Moonracer in the Gen1.

Looks to be a number of minor-role VAs this year from the original series... due to many of the big name VAs being guests at another convention that weekend.
    Interesting that Botcon mentioned a women in animation panel, it will be interesting to hear how perceptions have changed over the years, especially compared to other industries.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The Schedule has been released, for anyone going.

Only one panel on the Friday, plus the Fan Film-fest... as everything was brought forward three hours to accommodate the Universal Studios visit.

Saturday night only has a BotCon retrospective presentation and MSTF.
    The Universal Studios after-hours event had better be worthwhile, and provide us with dinner to make up for no dinner even this year. It's really the one "adult" element of the Convention each year, to have a decent dinner set-up, which will be one thing I'll probably miss most this year.

I just saw that they will be giving away a free Deluxe size toy to the first 150 children who are on general admission (walk-ins). The toys are most likely donated by Hasbro, since they are noted in the press release, but also because a Deluxe toy is US$12-15 in America, while general admission is $10 for children... making the freebie cost more than the admission price for the children.

Press release for the Universal Studios Friday night event... which doesn't say much more than what we already know.

Universal Studios Hollywood hosts the 2014 TRANSFORMERS FAN EXPERIENCE
    When: Friday, June 20th from 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
    Where: 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608 | Phone: (800) 864- 8377
    Cost: $75, includes admission to all rides and attractions, in addition to the breakthrough thrill ride, “Transformers: The Ride—3D,” as well as after-hours access from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
    Tickets and more information: https://ushtix.com/Transformers, www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com

The TRANSFORMERS Fan Experience to include:

• Exclusive after-hours access to Universal Studios Hollywood’s award-winning thrill ride, “Transformers: The Ride—3D”
    • Preview of yet-to-be seen TRANSFORMERS toys from Hasbro’s 2014 product line, including all-new merchandise from the TRANSFORMERS: Age of Extinction.
    • Panel and interactive workshops led by Hasbro’s TRANSFORMERS brand team, including new inductions into the TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame
    • Photo opportunities with popular TRANSFORMERS characters – Optimus Prime, Megatron and Bumblebee
    • Musician Stan Bush (TRANSFORMERS: The Movie) live in concert
    • Commemorative event lanyard, free limited edition memorabilia poster (while supplies last) and 10% off select merchandise.
    10% off "select" merchandise could be good if it includes toys... but unlikely.