Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colour pics of MP Ultra Magnus

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    Doesn't look as good as I thought he would, but I reckon he will look better as the toy continues to be tweaked between now and it's release. I'm certainly not putting a stop to my pre-order of Mags

Definitely looks like UM has been eating to many energon cubes in the painted pic.

Megatran Guest

I don't know what the majority are talking about. Magnus looks right at home next to YOTS Prime & Cloud Brawn.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I don't know what the majority are talking about. Magnus looks right at home next to YOTS Prime & Cloud Brawn.
    I take this any day over Eva mp 10.

that pic certainly isnt the best and really makes magnus look like a modified version of the g1 magnus with slightly better articulation.

it would be good if they can do what they did with G1 convoy to MP convoy.

but lets wait until more pics are released and we'll see

Why is everyone so put off by this one pic of UM when most of us were drooling over the earlier prototype pics where he didn't look so "fat". I'm sure in time, better color pics will surface and have us all drooling again. Surely it's just a poor angle.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Why is everyone so put off by this one pic of UM when most of us were drooling over the earlier prototype pics where he didn't look so "fat". I'm sure in time, better color pics will surface and have us all drooling again. Surely it's just a poor angle.
    most likely is - i'm surprised people go to these things with such bad phone cameras...

i just couldn't help but call him ultra fatnus

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    most likely is - i'm surprised people go to these things with such bad phone cameras...

i just couldn't help but call him ultra fatnus
    Not enough money to afford better, too much plastic crack on the market.

Another new pic, not sure of real source but found it on TFW along with some other Tokyo Toy Show 2014 pics

Paintjob looks a bit sparse to me, like the shins ought to have the touch of red seen in some illustrations (admittedly not the cartoon). I think his inner legs would have been better white and blue on one side perhaps? Maybe the red works in vehicle mode though.... and it's maybe early/hand painted so i guess it could change. The buttflap is barely noticeable though

The prototype also looks like it's becoming a bit worse for wear (shoulder joint, should missile panel) resulting in the dodgy posing. Here's hoping there's no real issues or they have time to iron them out before release!

I'd say it's paint isn't completed, as the G1 toy has some stikcers for the shins. That's a lot of white otherwise. I wouldn't be surprised if the tag in the bottom right corner of the photo above says "This sample is a WIP and not the final item"

There's got to be more paintwork on him. The chest, waist and shins all look unfinished. I think placement in the display limiting photo ops (this one looks much like the crap one from before) and floppy prototype is all that is causing the fuss.

I still say BRING ON THE MAGNUS!