Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Big W Toy Sale June 21 to July 11 (not many TF products this year) :(

It seems a bit underwhelming all up. Not much interest for items for my two year old, only a handful of items for my nieces and nephews.

Some excellent prices on end of 2017 games, really top deals for books and some outdoor items too. Other than the hulkbuster and the pirate rollercoaster, nothing interesting or wonderfully priced in the lego section. Transformers is pitiful, but that is to be expected, how many times have the retail chains been burnt by Hasbro reps pushing insane amount of wave 1 movie lines that never sell???

Sure that those who collect all the blind packed figures will be happy, apparently they've got some great prices.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I agree. That's truly an underwhelming sale. Nothing in there for my kids (other than maybe a Sega Mega Drive and some Switch games).

My son has the Voltron lions. We brought them individually but they combine into Voltron. He absolutely loves them so if you're into Voltron (old or new) they are definitely worth looking at, although I got them for considerably cheaper as they were on sale at Wal-Mart in the US last year when I was there for US$10 each, US$20 for the black lion.

Nothing exciting at all in the catalogue.

People have been wondering about why no Predaking... I think Devastator was good early for them, but Trypticon and some of the others did shelf-warm for a long time, most were moved via clearance sales. Maybe they were burnt and going a bit gun shy now...or maybe its just not ready for release.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I agree. That's truly an underwhelming sale. Nothing in there for my kids (other than maybe a Sega Mega Drive and some Switch games).

My son has the Voltron lions. We brought them individually but they combine into Voltron. He absolutely loves them so if you're into Voltron (old or new) they are definitely worth looking at, although I got them for considerably cheaper as they were on sale at Wal-Mart in the US last year when I was there for US$10 each, US$20 for the black lion.

Don't bother with that megadrive, plenty of videos explaining why AT&T games botched it (but that's if you care about perfect emulation and or the fact its loaded full of original content shovelware, I'm waiting for the "mega drive mini" and reviews before I touch their stuff".

I'm spewing with the lions, I bought them separately but least this box set would have given me something to store them in plus a far cheaper price (let alone US prices) :/

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I wonder if you can order the SS series Leaders online and actually pick which one you want
    Generally no, if an item listed on the website is grouped with others of a similar type, such as all PotP deluxes sharing the same page, you get sent however many you order at random, no guarantees which you will get.
    Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Don't bother with that megadrive, plenty of videos explaining why AT&T games botched it
    I agree, AT games do not make good mini consoles, better to just run some games through an emulator on PC and keep your money for now.

Nothing for me transformers-wise (unless they get potp w2 deluxes) but I might consider the voltrons.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Generally no, if an item listed on the website is grouped with others of a similar type, such as all PotP deluxes sharing the same page, you get sent however many you order at random, no guarantees which you will get.
    Yeah I suspected as much.

And the Aussie government wonders why we do so much of our online shopping with overseas stores. Maybe its because they provide better online service than the local businesses and the new GST laws aint gonna change that any time soon

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah I suspected as much.

And the Aussie government wonders why we do so much of our online shopping with overseas stores. Maybe its because they provide better online service than the local businesses and the new GST laws aint gonna change that any time soon
    Completely agree with you there. I will add that if you get a figure you dont want from these random purchase pages you can go to any store and get it exchanged, but it sort of defeats the purpose of shopping online when you end up having to go to the physical location anyway.

That batmobile would be the toy to go for...
    Check out the reviews on YouTube.
    It's absolutely fantastic!
    Working headlights, suspension, sits a 6 inch figure, POV camera, etc.
    The thing is humongous!

I'll be picking up a couple studio series deluxes, leader prime and maybe the PotP Dinobots if they are in stock.

I was going to wait to see if there was a dinobot exclusive set for SDCC but maybe I should buy these now and return them later if something is announced.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Saw leader rodimus unicronus? At big w tonight
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime