Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hooked

Default Hooked

Hey folks,

New to the board. I've only recently gotten into collecting figures. Probably because I've also recently gotten a full-time job as well. I find myself with excess money to spend, and a man's got to have hobbies.

So I've mainly been limiting myself to NECA figures, and Hasbro Marvel legends figures. While browsing around my local haunts, I came across a Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream. Now, I'm not going to lie, I can't say I'm a diehard TF fan (in my defence, I tend not to be big into any fandoms... I don't have the time or energy), however, when it comes to certain characters, I will love and adore them to death. Case in point, Starscream. There's something so perfect about Starscream's aesthetic... from the colour scheme, to the alternate mode, to the build of his head, the null rays on his arms, and on and on.

Back to the story, so I bought my very first Transformer toy that day (back in the day, I was rather limited to playing with my friends' Transformers... I wonder how much they would fetch now?)! And so, I want more. I've added a few more Starscreams in the meantime: a Revoltech figure (love the poseability and portrayal, wish it were bigger!), and a myclone (just because they're cute).

So hey to everyone, I like what I see already

Welcome to the boards.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Hi there .... masterpiece starscream a very good figure to start with as are all the masterpiece range and have you seen the new mold of the seeker as well... You might want to look out for the acidstorm that going to be release locally within a few month .

Welcome to ozformers.

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fatalportrait View Post
    ...however, when it comes to certain characters, I will love and adore them to death. Case in point, Starscream. There's something so perfect about Starscream's aesthetic... from the colour scheme, to the alternate mode, to the build of his head, the null rays on his arms, and on and on.
    Yep. You speak my language.

Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by fatalportrait View Post
    and a myclone (just because they're cute).
    They taste bad though. Intentionally so; MyClones all have a special coating that's designed to taste bitter to infants to induce them to spit out any small parts that they put in their mouthes.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Really?

I'm going to have to go test that.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I must say, I have been on a forum that has been so receiving in a long, long time.

Yep them Myclones are cute as!!

Do you plan on getting any other character other than ol screamer? Say Soundwave (especially the cool MP release) or Prime mayhaps? What other figures do you collect btw? do you get DCUC or MOTUC? there's threads for these btw Enjoy the forum!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    Hi there .... masterpiece starscream a very good figure to start with as are all the masterpiece range and have you seen the new mold of the seeker as well... You might want to look out for the acidstorm that going to be release locally within a few month .
    Acid Storm does look very striking. Plus, no hip kibble

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    They taste bad though. Intentionally so; MyClones all have a special coating that's designed to taste bitter to infants to induce them to spit out any small parts that they put in their mouthes.
    I won't ever be able to look at Myclones without thinking about that now.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Do you plan on getting any other character other than ol screamer? Say Soundwave (especially the cool MP release) or Prime mayhaps? What other figures do you collect btw? do you get DCUC or MOTUC? there's threads for these btw Enjoy the forum!!
    Yeah, Soundwave is another favourite. He just oozes cool. Keeping an eye out for those MPs.

Only other stuff I'm into are NECA figures, Marvel Legends, some Play Arts. Trying to get into a bit of everything.