Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh hey, I didn't see you there..

Default Oh hey, I didn't see you there..

So I'm returning to Transformers after a few false starts and almost 3 decades..

I was hugely into them as well as MOTU, MASK, etc when I was a kid and have tried a few times in my adult years to kickstarter things again but failed to reignite the interest. I think it's worked this time though partly due to the awesome masterpiece figures and the incredibly awesome fan community online.

So now I'm the daunting (but fun) task of attempting to acquire what I once owned as well in catching up all the new stuff. It's great that there's a board specifically for Australians - wish that was the case with some other lines (marvel stuff specifically)

Michael

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Welcome.

You'll also find some of us are Marvel fans, and fans of general comic-related stuff.

Feel free to hammer us with questions. We'd love to help you with your collecting goals.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

Thanks. I used to be huge on the legends but ended up selling after it switched to ....I don't remember. Hasbro? Toy biz? Not sure.

But yeah, back into it now. Trying to figure out the best way to get them though. Postage from BBTs is pricey...

Went from Toy Biz to Hasbro.

It's been a bit of a nightmare for ML at the moment, with many announced variants just never seeing release.

And don't even get me started on the MU line.

BBTS is pricey. For an Aussie option, you could try Paul at figuresdirect.com.au

I see he even still has stock of some of the old Toy Biz figs.

Any particular characters you're after?
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

I don't know. I'd have to have a look and think. A lot
    I used to get stuff from Paul all the time from memory as he used to be quite close to me. He would even drop them off on his way home from work. If I'm thinking if the right person.

Right now in trying to focus on the higher end marvel stuff (and transformers of course) so I really liking some of the marvel select figures. Te legends seem a bit hit and miss for me at the moment. Also a big fan of hot toys and hoping to get just a couple select figures (new thor just announced, an iron man of course) as the prices for those are insane and way too much for a poor struggling artist...

There's some Marvel Select rereleases happening at the moment, so it's a good time for those.

And it probably is the same Paul, as he is located in Perth.

Good luck on the Hot Toys. Those things are pretty pricey. They're absolutely gorgeous, and you get what you pay for, but it's a pretty signifigant investment.

I know. I have the wwII captain America which I adore and really would only want another 2 or so.
    I wasn't really meant to get back into Transformers you know. I was just adding some stuff to my order to see what they were like now and it's kinda snowballed from there.

I am disappointed though that it seems that the ML line is really just becoming a movie line - if I got my facts correct..

What woul be your thoughts on the state of Marvel toys right now? As in the good lines?
    I think I have Transformers Sussed..

It kinda depends on what you're after.

The smaller MU line has had some great figures, but it's been pretty much DOA for over a year, with a few sporadic releases here and there of new product. Plus it'd mean a whole new scale for you.

ML has been really good. They really upped the quality of the paint and sculpts compared to when they first got the license. Distribution has been horrible though, and many key characters have been hard to get, due to a lot of 50/50 variants, and many variants not even making it to stores.

ML is heading down the line of following the branding of the movies. Theres' leaked lists which show upcoming figures for both lines, and we'll be seeing a lot of general Marvel stuff released under the Avengers banner. Okay fine. As long as we're getting new figures with decent quality, call them whatever you want.

Do you have a particular group/team/character you're particularly keen on, and if so, a certain era?

I grabbed the Terrax line as well as a few select er..selects, and I was mostly really impressed with them. I miss just being able to walk into a shop and buy the figures you want as (build a figures aside) I'd rather not buy the whole wave and endmupmwith a bunch of figures I do not want. Bt whatever.

I've seen that while they are theming them around the movies they're being pretty liberal with figure choices so that works for me. Although the new Hawkeye in the Rocket Racoon line (I think) is a bit of a disappointment. Classic costumes for me all the way.

As for a particular group or era, I have a bit of a problem that when I start getting into something I pretty much have to have all of it. Sure there'll be some exclusions but for the most part I want everything. I do have a particular fondness for the classic stuff (ie the 60s) but am generally on board for most things.

At this stage I'm not hunting for anything in particular just filling the marvel legends gaps with whatever is available as well as finding a few key marvel selects...

You?