Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Info and Activities > Ratchet's Repair Bay & ID/transformation Help

Sightings/Sales

Old 28th February 2014, 08:35 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Aside from the usual Beast Wars Neo Randy that also broke on me upon taking it out of the package, Longrack also has brittle red plastic with the spring mechanism shattering the red plastic in its claw arm over time.
It shot out the claw and knocked another BW Neo toy in my shelf.
Another reminder that these are just toys... ain't built to last
Old 4th March 2014, 11:06 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

This is the photo of the Choro-Q Hot Rodimus, showing the chunk of brittle plastic that was punched through the inside of the toy - the tab under the wings should have popped out of the dimple in the maroon panel, but instead, it ripped out the surrounding plastic. A little later, I found the tiny tab, which had broken off in the process.

It will never by transformed again, due to the fragile sounds to the creaking of the plastic.
Old 5th March 2014, 12:04 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

BIB is the way to go for that bot, griff!
Surprised that the rubber wheels still remain intact!
Old 6th March 2014, 10:25 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
G1 toys still stand tall and proud... If you don't include the Japanese bots like Black Zarak that is
Ironic given that some of the biggest offenders of GPS are G1 toys
Old 4th March 2018, 01:13 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, but TR Wolfwire / Weirdwolf cockpit joint is very fragile. The yellow plastic is under stress and too skinny out of the box. It will most likely break if the cockpit is opened too often, but the soft pink plastic will keep the piece attached at the pin so annoying but not world ending.
Old 4th June 2018, 11:41 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plakstift View Post
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, but TR Wolfwire / Weirdwolf cockpit joint is very fragile. The yellow plastic is under stress and too skinny out of the box. It will most likely break if the cockpit is opened too often, but the soft pink plastic will keep the piece attached at the pin so annoying but not world ending.

I bought a Takara Weirdwolf off someone recently, yea it already had it happen and seller hadn't realises until someone pointed it out. I still grabbed it from him as it didn't bother me too much. Was gonna attempt to transform him, but the part had mostly disintergrated so I stopped

Now, I was playing with my Mp Starscream, Hasbro first release. Went to transform him, and noticed the plastic around the pins to flip the wings were cracked. So again back to robot mode where he shall remain
Old 6th June 2018, 06:16 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by plakstift View Post
That's rather concerning seeing that it's a new toy