Page 925 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 905915920921922923924925926927928929930935945 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,250 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Seems related to the Dark Cybertron event and keeping one of Shockwave's ores from him
    when was it revealed or explained? or is it at 'fan theory' stage?

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    when was it revealed or explained? or is it at 'fan theory' stage?
    I don't think it was ever outright explained.

In Spotlight Metroplex, he was protecting "it". I think most people assumed at the time that he was talking about the Magnificence.

In the Ironhide TPB, I think Alpha Trion said that he and Metroplex were filtering the atmosphere on Cybertron, which is what made it habitable again.

In Dark Cybertron trades, I think Windblade, Chromia, and Nautica explain that they took over the care of Metroplex from Alpha Trion. At that time Metroplex was carrying one of the ores.

So, I think it's generally just people taking 2, 2, and 2 and making 5. Until such time as John "Continuity" Barber decides to make something more of it.

ok thanks

Has Hasbro ever said why we have never gotten official G1 Quintessons at all? Given the fact that Hasbro is OK with releasing non-transforming Transformers toys every now and then I'd really like a full set of them. (Judge, Bailiff, Executioner, Prosecutor and Scientist.)

Non-converting toys in the mainstream action figure line tend to be marketed at infants, who would have no attachment to these characters. These characters would appeal to G1 fans, and as such the Generations line is probably the most appropriate line to release them in, but then how many non-convertible CHUGUR figures have they ever released? The only thing that came close in the mainstream action figure line was Alpha Quintesson from Transformers Energon, but that toy was never released here and I don't know how well or poorly it sold overseas (it's not a great toy ).

I think that the Alligatorcon is definitely doable as a Generations figure. They could even retool TR Skullsmasher. The other Quints on the other hand would be tough, because if you gave them alt modes then it would make their Quintesson modes look less G1 accurate - cos they never transformed. But if they don't transform, then they're not going to appeal to kids - and as much as adult collectors love Generations, the line has to also appeal to children (a lot of kids at my daughter's school like to play with Generations figures - I occasionally stumble across them in the playground).

I think that the next best option for Hasbro to release G1-accurate Quintessons is release them as build figures, like what they did with Transmutate. You release a wave of toys and each figure comes with a part of say the Quintesson Judge. Collect them all to complete the Quint! But yeah, from a business POV I don't think it's worth it for Hasbro to release Quintessons as stand-alone action figures in the mainstream line.

The new Masterpiece Barricade - is it a new mold, a reissue of a previous mold, or we don't know yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    The new Masterpiece Barricade - is it a new mold, a reissue of a previous mold, or we don't know yet?
    We don't know yet, but the other two are new moulds, so I would expect this one would be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Non-converting toys in the mainstream action figure line tend to be marketed at infants.
    Would you really give a non-transforming Transformer like a Mighty Mugg or a Titan to a infant??? I'd be looking for something age appropriate like a rattle or teething ring. As someone that works retail I'll tell you those sold to kids from 3 or 4 up to adult collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I think that the next best option for Hasbro to release G1-accurate Quintessons is release them as build figures, like what they did with Transmutate. You release a wave of toys and each figure comes with a part of say the Quintesson Judge. Collect them all to complete the Quint! But yeah, from a business POV I don't think it's worth it for Hasbro to release Quintessons as stand-alone action figures in the mainstream line.
    Hasbro tried Build-a-droid multiple times over many years with the Star Wars line. It never worked out well for them and they have now seemingly given up on it completely. Speaking of Star Wars, that's how I think a line of Quintessons should be made. They should be a single wave of 5 Black Series 6 inch style figures if going for mass retail, or a box set if going for SDCC, HasCon or limited release retail.

I know a 3rd party made a full line of Quintessons long before the overpriced 3rd party craze took off with City Commander. I might go try to find a set of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Better question (but also one we don't know the answer to) will it be 2007 Barricade or 2017 Barricade?

(I'm guessing 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Better question (but also one we don't know the answer to) will it be 2007 Barricade or 2017 Barricade?

(I'm guessing 2007)
    Better be 2007, or else...