Page 927 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 907917922923924925926927928929930931932937947 ... LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,270 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

If you're looking on ebay for out of production Transformers then a up-to-date list of known KO's would be beneficial. I've often had to search through very old threads on the US fansites to try and find if a toy has been KOed, often only to find a single person claiming a KO exist with no evidence.

Yep, that's part of my reason for looking for something as well, I need a MP Smokescreen for example and having a quick browse of our own KO ID section there's nothing stating there is on in the first 5 pages of posts, yet I've seen things saying that it does exist.
    And your example of KO rumours is also relevant, I've seen a lot of speculation for instance that there's a KO of MP-5 Megatron but nothing concrete.

On that topic what do people think of stores that sell KO MPs? If a store was selling both KOs and (what they claimed were) real MPs would you buy from them or go somewhere else?
    Just for example, I've been looking at some items on toybento but I know that they sell KOs and "factory seconds", is it worth the risk buying something that they say is real when they openly sell fake items?
    Just looking for opinions, thanks

I don't think it's worth it. I would personally look to shop from a more reputable seller who doesn't dabble in counterfeit rubbish.

Quick poll.

I have three shelves that are "G1 cartoon" CHUG characters. One shelf that is "post cartoon G1" CHUG characters and one IDW CHUG shelf. The rules for the characters that did not appear in the cartoon regularly are not hard and fast as to what goes on each shelf. ie: LG Windblade got promoted to a G1 cartoon shelf because of her major part in the Transformers franchise since her introduction a few years back.

Out of the following characters which would you guys say deserve a promotion to the coveted G1 Cartoon shelves to make it look fuller?

Botcon MTMTE Seekers
    Gen Scoop
    Gen Thunderwing
    Adv Black Shadow
    ROTF Bludgeon
    Gen Clouder/Dealer
    Gen Nightbeat
    TR Getaway

Gotta have the Seekers there!

Agree on the MTMTE seekers. Thunderwing and Nightbeat too would be my next choices, followed at a bit of a distance by Getaway. Would say Bludgeon but his look is a bit too "non-G1 cartoon".

The Seekers for sure. Maybe Nightbeat as well, he's been a pretty notable character in IDW and the old Marvel comics.

But really, only the Seekers really made an appearance in the G1 'toon. Scoop was in a G2 sequence, for maybe 1 second. Clouder/Dealer would count if you have Japanese-only characters there as well. If you're just after padding it out a bit I'd consider adding characters who appeared in the old G1 catalogues as well, and/or shoving in notable/main characters from other series that have made it into CHUG form eg. Reveal the Shield Lugnut, Universe Hot Shot, etc. etc.
    Last edited by Ode to a Grasshopper; 26th May 2017 at 08:00 PM.

I don't recall Scoop appearing in G2 at all. He did appear in the G1 comics as a member of Emirate Xaaron's Autobot resistance (which also included the other Autobot Double-Targetmasters, Autobot Classic Pretenders and Micromaster Rescue Patrol).

Doubledealer and Doubleclouder are entirely different characters. Doubledealer is a Decepticon Powermaster who is binary bonded to the Nebulans Knok and Skar (both of whom are unaware of Doubledealer's side-switching nature - he keeps it a secret even from his own Nebulan partners!). Doubleclouder on the other hand is a human who is paired with a lifeless Transtector. The "Knok" and "Skar" forms are actually variant armours worn by the (Double)Clouder depending on if he's in his Autobot or Decepticon guise. The Doubleclouder Transtector later gained sentience thanks to Devil Z and the human Clouder (who'd previously defected to the Autobots) joined the now-defected Decepticon Headmaster Juniors in aiding the Autobots. There are also distinct colour differences between Doubledealer and Doubleclouder, although oddly enough Doubleclouder's show colours are the same as Doubledealer's (which suggests that the show model must've been drawn up before Takara decided on changing Doubleclouder's colours from his Hasbro counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't recall Scoop appearing in G2 at all. He did appear in the G1 comics as a member of Emirate Xaaron's Autobot resistance (which also included the other Autobot Double-Targetmasters, Autobot Classic Pretenders and Micromaster Rescue Patrol).
    It's technically canon.