Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rescue Bots Season 4

Default Rescue Bots Season 4

That's right kiddies, a Transformers cartoon is finally breaking the curse of the 3-season-limit*... with Rescue Bots announced to be heading into a full fourth season.
    And if it gets another full 26 episodes, it will break the record of the Gen1 and get over the 100 episode milestone.

*if you don't consider the 3-part story of Rebirth being a "full" season.

According to one of the Voice Actors, DC Douglas (voice of Chase), Season 4 has just finished recording, so should be showing up on (American) screens in the new year.

Just recorded my last line as "Chase" in #TFRescueBots for season 4... And maybe forever...
    The cryptic quote though suggests that either this is the last season, or Chase is leaving the cast at the end of Season 4. (my thinking is the latter to freshen up the series a little, and warrant more new toys)

Great news!

As childish as it is (and often groan worthy) my 8 year old son actually likes this show (not as much as G1 or Prime but more than RID2015). I have to admit, of all the recent incarnations they certainly give Optimus more personality in Rescue Bots.

For what it is I think it is a nice introduction to kids (and their parents) to develop their Transformers enjoyment and allow them to grow with the brand so I am glad it is getting another season. My son will be happy.

The fourth season starts in America next week (April 23rd), and some early episode details have been listed on the American zap2it TV guide site.

Episode details are archived at the Tfwiki site...

01 - "New Normal" - April 23, 2016
    Three years after their arrival on Earth, an alien attack forces the Rescue Bots to make a decision as to whether to reveal their true natures to the citizens of Griffin Rock.

02 - "Bridge Building" - April 23, 2016
    The citizens of Griffin Rock are deciding whether or not to let the Bots stay in their midst when a GroundBridge accident splits the team.

03 - "Arrivals" - April 30, 2016
    (no episode description yet)

04 - "Plus One" - May 7, 2016
    When Heatwave invites her to take a turn at leadership, Quickshadow upsets the Rescue Team's dynamic.

05 - "Back to Virtual Reality" - May 14, 2016
    When Chief is convinced by Cody to try a virtual reality video game, an old nemesis is uncovered; the team must stop the villain from destroying the real Griffin Rock.

06 - "Vanishing Returns" - May 21, 2016
    The Bots deal with a group of investors who want to build a vacation resort in Griffin Rock, while Cody deals with feeling invisible around everyone.

07 - "Ghost in the Machine" - May 28, 2016
    (no episode description yet)

A 2 minute intro clip for the new Autobot Quickshadow has been posted on youtube, and it says that the new (female) character is voiced by Alex Kingston... who some Dr Who fans might know as the person who plays River Song.
    This cartoon just keeps getting better, with roles voiced from people who played in Star Wars, Star Trek and Dr Who... three of my favourite Scifi series.

Cute! A female version of ****. (Not sure if mentioning which famous British character she reminds me of would be spoiling.)

Interesting that her windscreen is following the RID design though... is that intentional to introduce the same aesthetic across the cartoon lines or is she designed by an RID artist or is there something else going on here with Transformers design?

My son can't wait for this new season. He's probably a little old for it but he just loves the aesthetics of the cartoon.

Well, the word is that apparently this 4th season is 3 years after the 3rd season so that it is set in the time between TFPrime and RID (as seen by Cody being mid teens now)... either to avoid dealing with certain global events from TRPrime or to use characters that may be in TFPrime or should be if they are on earth at Griffin Rock.

Episodes 1 and 2 are both on youtube in their entirety

Details of three more upcoming episodes have been found in England, so this is the updated list to episode 13 (the first half of the fourth season).
    (it seems that the UK will have two episodes a day, and be done with these 13 episodes by the end of this week, over a month before America)

03 - "Arrivals" - April 30, 2016
    As Frankie struggles to adjust to life with her baby sister, the Bots are surprised by a new arrival of their own.

07 - "Ghost in the Machine" - May 28, 2016
    As Griffin Rock celebrates its version of Halloween, Evan and Myles car-jack Quickshadow and discover the Bots' secret.

08 - "Enemy of My Enemy" - June 4, 2016
    When the Rescue Bots are captured by a new villain, the Burns family finds an unexpected ally in a former enemy.

09 - "Mayor May Not" - June 11, 2016
    The town of Griffin Rock gets more than it bargained for, when Chase is elected as the new mayor.

10 - "All Spark Day" - June 18, 2016
    During a Cybertronian holiday, the Rescue Bots take on their biggest challenge yet - a super-sized, overtired baby.

11 - "Part-Time Heroes" - June 25, 2016
    When Griffin Rock's communication tower needs replacing, the Bots and Burnses take on part-time jobs to raise the money.

12 - "The More Things Change..." - July 2, 2016
    The Rescue Team struggles with last minute preparations as they finally open the mainland Training Center.

13 - "...The More They Stay The Same" -
    The Bots’ Mainland Training Center is in danger of being discovered and, to make matters worse, the Rescue Team is trapped inside with a glitching hologram.