Thread: Returned repacked wrong toys

Default Returned repacked wrong toys

I've seen some examples of this happen here in Australia with Transformers, but today I came across this site that had a category of "Toy Trolls"... for submissions of returned toys that had something else repacked in them, or something missing. (the site is on hiatus from the start of this year, but the archived postings are there)

Aside from people opening up the packaging in the store to steal items, Retailers have procedures in place (and one is a legal requirement in Australia) that makes this crime of returning repacks very easy to do, but I'm not going to go into detail of course.

Which is why it is always important to check the contents if you can see them, and check the seals on cards and packaging when buying from Retail. (they can exchange or refund, but do you want that extra hassle?)

Has anyone seen this happen in person? I know it's pretty common in the states. A pretty low act not just because of the theft side of it, but the fact that grown men waste there time doing this.

I can't remember which store it was, but some time in the last couple years I've seen at least one 2007 movie prime leader in a more recent movie prime leader box.

Just last night I was at a woollies and saw a woman folding up packs of pre-packed deli meat and shoving them down the bottom of her handbag. That one was easy to report.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Car exclusive packs have the limited/chase character taken out of the pack in Target stores.

& a Ben 10 toy had the character removed and just the vehicle left in the box.

hot wheel toys sometimes are re-taped with the wrong car inside.

Generations metroplex only had 1 gun so i have seen a "re-sold" metroplex with no gun in it..... pity for target having to sell something off bcos someone wanted 2 guns and not just get the takaratomy version

It's an old photo, but rthis was still at the same store about two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    It's an old photo, but rthis was still at the same store about two weeks ago.

I'd almost say the store got the better deal in that exchange