Page 490 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 470480485486487488489490491492493494495500510 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,900 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

AFAIK there's no difference. The closest would be Korean Brave Maximus who has an upside-down factory applied Autobot insignia, but the toy is physically just as good as Japanese Brave Max. But yeah, the toys themselves are just as good as Takara's. The packaging and tech spec cards are notoriously fail -- and for some reason Autocrusher is called Autoslasher in Korean... but they're relatively cheap alternatives to getting the Japanese versions.

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    Thanks sky shadow, but for my question is there any difference in the actual figures?
    Sorry Swoop - that's what I was meaning by saying they "are - for all intents and purposes - the Takara versions". Their Beast Wars II and Neo figures are pretty much just the same toys in different packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I can only answer on figures with that - Big convoy -the mammoth has no difference in the actual figures to it's non Korean counterpart. As for the others I have no idea... I also have Magmatron in Korean version - some very minor difference from the Hasbro Version - color hue I believe but nothing major... there was a thread bout that Hursty started it but can't recall atm. But yeah with these 2 figures swoop it's basically equal, no difference. The rest not so sure.
    That comment has potentially saved me from potentially buying another Takara Big Convoy in the future. I was a bit disappointed with my Korean Big Convoy because the missile gimmick on his weapon isn't working 100% - the top missile seems to not want to lock into place all the time, and does not always fired when turned. I also thought it might have been because the red missiles were of an inferior quality plastic. I got a Takara Magmatron and was really impressed with its quality. Top notch plastic and paint aps.

Thanks guys, I'm just getting as much information as I can before I finish off my beast wars/machines/neo/second collections next year and this will be a big help in my decisions
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    That comment has potentially saved me from potentially buying another Takara Big Convoy in the future. I was a bit disappointed with my Korean Big Convoy because the missile gimmick on his weapon isn't working 100% - the top missile seems to not want to lock into place all the time, and does not always fired when turned. I also thought it might have been because the red missiles were of an inferior quality plastic. I got a Takara Magmatron and was really impressed with its quality. Top notch plastic and paint aps.
    I have Takara Big Convoy and I have problem with his missiles or launchers. If anything, his launchers are too sensitive! Either the Korean Big Convoy is faulty, or - more likely - you just lucked out and it's a flaw on your individual figure.

Anyone know of a decent Transformers Timeline? With things like the creation of the Thirteen and such?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Anyone know of a decent Transformers Timeline? With things like the creation of the Thirteen and such?
    The thirteen? You want the Aligned timeline

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Aligned_timeline

Other continuities vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I think that is what the current "Aligned" continuity is trying to handle (With regard to the 13), but I do believe there was a timeline done up recently (Posibly for WFC and/or FoC) although who & where I can't remember.

Cheers Hursty. There may not be the kind of Timeline I'm after. I might just have to write one myself.

And on a different note, the following line:

A choice must be made, for only together, united as one race, can we truly survive... and prosper.
    I swear I didn't make it up. It's from Optimus Prime in (I assumed) the last issue of the G2 Comic, but I'm stuffed if I can find any reference to it anywhere online. But I must have come across it somewhere?! Can anyone confirm where it comes from for me?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Check the link I posted anyway. The thirteen original Transformers are a Simon Furman add on from some BotCon fiction that Hasbro is running with. There's timelines for various timelines but as is often the case with your questions there is no "one source", no "one timeline"... Except this new "aligned" continuity which is supposed to provide that going forward.