Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 events revealing Transformers Siege WFC

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Flywheels is a winner.

Reflector... I want to want. But... what does _one_ transform into?

Or, yeah, what SharkyMcShark said.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

FatalityPitt Guest

Re-FRAK-tor...

Pay AUD87.00 at KMart for three identical Decepticons that combine to transform into one camera...

OR pay AUD29.00 for one Decepticon that transforms into a piece of abstract art...

I guess we should be grateful we finally got a retail release Reflector?? <shrugs>

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    It's the alt modes that are making them maybes for me. Eg Sideswipe is a more Sideswipey than the previous CHUG, but the Cybertonian alt mode throws me. Soundwave looks great but he is a lie down Cybertronian thingimebob.
    For me it really depends on whether I feel that the new toy is offering something that my existing CHUGs don't already offer. Henkei Lambor and Hound are both really good Deluxe Class CHUG versions of Sideswipe and Hound. I don't think these new ones look necessarily any better or worse... just different, but they all seem fine.

I got POTP Tailgate because he looks more G1 accurate than Generations Tailgate, but I still love Generations Tailgate because he's IDW accurate, and I like that character. Plus they were both inexpensive Legends Class figures. For Deluxe and above these toys are going to have to do more persuading for me to decide to buy them - and much more than just G1 accuracy because honestly, MPs scratch that itch for me. If I want to play with a G1 accurate Sideswipe or Hound, I have MP Lambor and will eventually have MP Hound when that comes out for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    This is not good enough, in 2018, for a figure that doesn't also have to support a third mode like POTP Screamer, which also uses a chunky Cybertronian design and should be able to better hide its bulk.
    Wow. Looks like I'll be sticking to my Fall of Cybertron Seekers then.

Brunt!

Sold on Refraktor, Shockwave, Skytread & Brunt, the rest, meh.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Takara's TF site has been updated with an official page for Siege
    https://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/products/tf_sg

It’s pretty obvious the ‘bot modes are the priority here, which I kinda dig them all.

Megatron has a very nice sculpt overall that’s full of personality. Shockwave and Soundwave are too G1 for me to not get. Reflector is a must too. I can’t beleive John Warden talked the bean counters into making some of these ones.

I really like the seeker bot mode, and the way they made the tetra jet nose cone split to resemble the F15 intakes is quite smart. The undercarriage is disappointing but I love the tetra jet design, and this may be the first Chug style seeker mold I get since the original Classics.

Oh it looks like Soundwave should be able to pull off the street lamp mode which I’ll be displaying him in...

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Laying down robot holding accessories overhead?

Sorry, 'space ship'
    So... it's a "thingamajig".

Hmm. Now... the question becomes... do I want to pay what is essentially a leader price for a CHUG Reflector that has all three bots and will scale with other G1 Decepticons? Because I don't think I want one on it's own.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Universe Galvatron, is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The Starscream underbelly is awful.
    Look on the bright side, you'll get that Tetrajet gerwalk-mode you never knew you wanted.

Galvatran Guest

Phew... My left kidney breathes a sigh of relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The Starscream underbelly is awful.
    Agree. The first Underbelly tv miniseries was good. They should have stopped there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Takara's TF site has been updated with an official page for Siege
    https://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/products/tf_sg
    Are the red and grey cars mating?