Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Monopoly Board Game

Default Transformers Monopoly Board Game

Hi all,

Just curious as to see if anyone can help me on this.

For those who bought it, did you have any problems with it?

The board I got in mine was like a crappy rubber/plastic thing, not like the normal wooden boards they have. The figurines are supposed to be pewter, but having a good look at mine, they feel and look plastic. Also ended up with Simpsons monopoly properties haha. All in all it just doesnt seem up to standard of other monopoly games.

All this leads me to believe that maybe someone has done a knockoff monopoly game.

Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Hi all,

Just curious as to see if anyone can help me on this.

For those who bought it, did you have any problems with it?

The board I got in mine was like a crappy rubber/plastic thing, not like the normal wooden boards they have. The figurines are supposed to be pewter, but having a good look at mine, they feel and look plastic. Also ended up with Simpsons monopoly properties haha. All in all it just doesnt seem up to standard of other monopoly games.

All this leads me to believe that maybe someone has done a knockoff monopoly game.

Any help is appreciated.
    There are plenty of KO Monopoly board games, just after Christmas I went to Penrith markets and they had some obvious KO versions, Toy Story, Ben10, Hello Kitty etc, and some less obvious ones, like Simpsons Halloween edition, transformers, Pixar etc, so there is a chance you may have gotten a KO...
    If Gok or someone who has the proper version could post pics of the board etc, it might help you identify any differences...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I'll post Pics of mine when I get home.
    I think I may have.
    Looks like I may have to pay Wickster a visit lol.

I've seen KO TF Monopoly boards around Cabramatta - so they do exist.

The actual board is the same quality as other Monopoly boards - made of fairly sturdy cardboard. Similar to most other board games like Scrabble and your fold-out Chess boards. The pieces are made from die-cast metal. The dice are made from transparent red and purple plastic (one is red the other purple) so they look like "glowing" red and purple Energon cubes due to natural light piping. The "Chance" and "Community Chest" cards (called Autobot and Decepticon cards) have their messages 'scrambled' like the 1984-88 tech specs and also comes with a square tech specs decoder framed by a piece of cardboard that is red (Autobot) on one side and purple (Decepticon) on the other. The messages are pretty hard to read without the decoder.

Sounds to me you might have a KO.

Judging by that, then I'd say I do.
    The "tech spec" chance cards are easily read without the decoder.
    That shits me.

Oh dear me, hope you could return/refund it as its not original then....Whered you get it if I may ask?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I got Wickster to pick it up for me, not sure where he got it from though.
    I don't think he knew it was a knockoff either.
    He'd most likely find me a real one and just give it to me, I've known him for quite a number of years.

Yeah, I've seen him sell KO stuff before but he wasn't aware of it - usually when you tell him he's apologetic and is happy to compensate you. He's not a TF collector so it would be an honest mistake - the KO Monopoly box looks real from the outside. The only thing that tipped me off about them being KOs was their ridiculously cheap prices. Otherwise even I would have been fooled - and yeah, the stuff that gives it away are all packed on the inside so you wouldn't know until you opened it anyway.

Perhaps you'd like to take photos of your KO TF Monopoly set and post them - I'll take photos of my set and then we can make comparisons. It would help to confirm your set as a KO or not and also as a future reference for other people in case they pick that set up. We might take some measurements and see if everything is the same size too.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The only thing that tipped me off about them being KOs was their ridiculously cheap prices. Otherwise even I would have been fooled - and yeah, the stuff that gives it away are all packed on the inside so you wouldn't know until you opened it anyway.
    I saw the various KO Monopoly boards going for $10-$25, and that was enough of a tip off for me (plus the fact that there were a good 15 of each board...)
    No surprises that Ben10 and Halloween Simpsons were the most expensive.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah, I've seen him sell KO stuff before but he wasn't aware of it - usually when you tell him he's apologetic and is happy to compensate you. He's not a TF collector so it would be an honest mistake - the KO Monopoly box looks real from the outside. The only thing that tipped me off about them being KOs was their ridiculously cheap prices. Otherwise even I would have been fooled - and yeah, the stuff that gives it away are all packed on the inside so you wouldn't know until you opened it anyway.

Perhaps you'd like to take photos of your KO TF Monopoly set and post them - I'll take photos of my set and then we can make comparisons. It would help to confirm your set as a KO or not and also as a future reference for other people in case they pick that set up. We might take some measurements and see if everything is the same size too.
    Yea I didnt even think of that, I dont think he did either. I know he will give me a refund/exchange, he always has helped me out, thats why I help him out at some fairs, I will be next one again.

I'll take some photos this weekend, cant do it tonight coz I've got a concert to go to right after work. I'll probably do em on friday sometime and post them.