Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Platinum Edition Silver Knight Optimus Prime

The one time they ACTUALLY needed the chrome to make it effective. -_-
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermot View Post
    Wasn't Shogo Hasui moved from the MP line to work on the AoE toy line? Surely this CAN NOT be his handy work...
    I'm not sure whether that's correct or not - the only anomaly I've recently heard about with designers is MP Star Saber being designed by someone else than the main designer due to time constraints.

But in any case, this... thing... is a Platinum series release, not a movie line toy. Presumably the deco decisions are made by a different team than those busy designing toys from scratch.

The release date of this in America is September 14th for $60.
    I don't think we'll get this here.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The release date of this in America is September 14th for $60.
    I don't think we'll get this here.
    Hasbro are raising a generation of Americans who are going to identify flat grey as 'Silver'

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    More evidence the world is full of stupid. Future corporate leaders in the making?
    Maybe, Vert, but then again i don't work in the most affluent part of Sydney, so in that respect i can understand why they've sold so well.
    The 16'' Titans that we had on sale for $15 completely sold out in a few days & even the regular 12" versions after being restocked for the sale & display stand are all but gone now.
    When i think about it, a cheap, large plastic toy that kids can run around with, the Titans have done what they set out to do.

Official images came out of the Silver Knight First Edition Optimus, that would be a better looking toy if it wasn't overly photoshopped by Hasbro to make the grey plastic glisten.
    If this was in a sealed box with those images on the outside, people would probably be returning the toy thinking it was faulty (not painted).

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I love the way the rather nice picture on the front of the box manages to look nothing like the toy
    Yes this is very true, but also the picture of a MacDonald's burger does that too compared to the real thing.

I guess it's just one more disappointment we must live with
    But definitely needs more Chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Maybe, Vert, but then again i don't work in the most affluent part of Sydney, so in that respect i can understand why they've sold so well.
    The 16'' Titans that we had on sale for $15 completely sold out in a few days & even the regular 12" versions after being restocked for the sale & display stand are all but gone now.
    When i think about it, a cheap, large plastic toy that kids can run around with, the Titans have done what they set out to do.
    I can understand this definitely for the younger demographic of children. Because the very young have big imaginations, thats why these things succeed. Then a few years older and kids start to get more excited about cooler things like cars and planes that transform into robots, how awesome is that I know that is what I was thinking when I was young. Because with imagination I was looking at cars and trucks on the road and imagining what they would look like, if they could transform into robots.

In regards to this Silver Knight Optimus Prime, they really should paint him silver and not just grey plastic. That is just morally bankrupt. I really dislike the deception