Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Orders for Drift and Over-Run back up for pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I just got an email from the club,

We have turned off the exclusives as the credit card processor can't handle 8-10 transactions a second. they are going to try to reconfigure tonight and we will hopefully try this again tomorrow.

Thanks for your support and patience.
    Brian.

So No need to panic everyone. just keep an eye on the email and twitter.
    If they couldn't handle that many from a "surprise" opening of pre-orders, just how many do you think it will be flooded with per-second tomorrow now that everyone knows about it, and is already in a panic.

Annoying thing is that it could be anytime "their" tomorrow... which could be from 5 hours away to 24. That could suck if they re-open preorders while any of us people doing group-orders are at work, and they sell out in that 8-9 hours we're away from home.
    Drift will be fine... but Runabout is the great unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I'd say they communicated it pretty quickly, It only happened a couple minutes ago and there are alredy 10 posts about it and several sources of the same info.
    It's just surprising they weren't prepared for this.
    Yeah, I guess without twitter, it would have been longer for the word to circulate through websites and emails. And I guess the decision to pull the two listings would have needed to be acted on before notifying people of the decision, as the other way around would have delayed the process and caught out even more people in the meantime.

(edited topic title to reflect recent developments - will change it back tomorrow)

I'm gonna rage hard if I can't get my Runabout!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I'm gonna rage hard if I can't get my Runabout!
    I would too. It is clear that there is a huge amount of people trying to get this figure (server crashed because it can't handle 8-10 transactions per second).

So as soon as preorders re-open and assuming there are no technical issues, I suspect that all stock will be sold within the first couple of minutes.

We have to be like ninjas to win this

I still don't get it with this club though. If we are paying for pre-orders, can't they just make enough to fill the pre-order amount? Never makes any sense.

Hopefully they had the foresight to assume the Runabout would be very popular and they plan on having made poop-loads of them.

Drift is the 'Bot of Banter'? They trying to make a Transformer Deadpool or something??

Thinking about the sales rush today, I would suggest they consider something like this:

Stage one: Members presale
    All club members have the opportunity to preorder one (1) each of any exclusive toy offered by the club. The presale lasts for a week. Plenty of time for all the members to get in. Each members gets a guaranteed chance to purchase the figure, an added benefit to being a member. No need to rush in or hover over twitter or facebook.

Stage two: Second change
    An additional set of figures, including any not claimed by members, are available to be added to the order. A maximum of 2 additional purchases per item per member. This stage begins one week exactly after the stage one begins, allowing certainty. There would be still be a rush but the restriction would stop or slow down scalpers.

Stage three: Surplus sale
    One week later, any surplus toys become available. No limits. Members have had two weeks to get at most 3 of each item, but if they want more (such as for friends on their messageboards ) this is their chance. This is the quick sale event and it's not guaranteed that any stock will be available. The time/date would be a certain though so the quickfire and very motivated sellers can be ready and would have had two weeks to prepare (take time off work etc etc). The items remain for sale from this point until sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Drift is the 'Bot of Banter'? They trying to make a Transformer Deadpool or something??
    Well, yes that's the whole joke. Shattered Glass Drift is Deadpool.

He used to be the "Mech with a Mouth" but they changed it a while back.

The pre-orders went up at like 6 this morning. Ugh. Looks like I'll be getting up early tomorrow just in case.

Received this email:
    In order to facilitate the volume of our web sites, we are having to change to a new credit card processing company. We hope to have this up and running sometime on Wednesday. However in the mean time, we will be putting the store back online this afternoon but you will not be able to place an order until the transition is complete.

We are putting the store back online so that you can log in and check your account to see if you have a valid order. You can also log in currently at the member's only site and if you look at the third paragraph on the page, there is a link to check your orders.

If you do not see an order in your account for the excusives, you do not have an order for the club exclusives and will need to reprocess one when we go live. Because of the change in processors, we cannot work the incomplete orders and fix them, you will have to order again. As stated in an earlier email, we have only sold 20% of the pieces so there are still plenty.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Brian
    Looks like we will have to wait till Wednesday which is fine. Im still trying to order a sub.

VGM out...

Latest email says not to panic as they only sold about 20% before the crash. How long was it up for before they pylled them? 1 hour? 2? At that rate there is only a day to get in there to buy...