Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What other Titan Class Transformers do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Though I think it unlikely to happen, I still reckon the next logical choice for a Titan/Cityformer, after they do Scorponok, is Grandus.
    If they keep the Micromaster class for all three chapters of WFC, you never know. It will depend on if the third chapter in 2021 will be Beast themed (to coincide with another BW anniversary), or if they want to do a more inter-linked gimmick of joining base modes (which they touched on in Titans Return, with the larger size classes being able to form a large city). If they could have the Titan and Leaders (and maybe some Voyagers) be some Bots that had a Micromaster base mode, it could accommodate a Titan for 2021 be something like Grandus or Metrotitan (digging out the old Metroplex mould).

G1 combiners. We have Devastator and Predaking, I would personally love some Superion, Defensor, Bruticus and Menasor love in Titan scale.

I know, CW is not long in the rear view mirror, but we’ve seen releases of characters in different class sizes in just a few short years, so it’s not out of the realms of possibility.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

SCOR-PO-NOK!
    I know there's news that it will come out for Earthrise, which I really hope proves true... cos just take my monies!
    I personally wouldn't get a Black Zarak redeco, purely because of space (it's the same reason why I skipped LGEX Grand Maximus), but I think that they should definitely do it as a limited exclusive for those who want it and have the room for it.

You know what else would be neat? A Transformer that transformed into Autobot City.
    "But Autobot City never had a robot mode!"
    Neither did Cybertron until the Cybertron Primus toy came along. And if you only ever want to keep it in city mode, then you can do that. The robot can be a wholly new character.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You know what else would be neat? A Transformer that transformed into Autobot City.
    "But Autobot City never had a robot mode!"
    Neither did Cybertron until the Cybertron Primus toy came along. And if you only ever want to keep it in city mode, then you can do that. The robot can be a wholly new character.
    Just adding to that, we've seen that at least one (and presumably more) of the G1 Micromaster bases has a robot mode in Earthrise. So it could be a possibility.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

We are probably due some kind of big combiner after Predaking threw off the city former schedule.

Raiden?

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    We are probably due some kind of big combiner after Predaking threw off the city former schedule.

Raiden?
    Heh.
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...-Takara-Raiden
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    IF they decided that Titan class toys weren't only for G1 characters then Tidal Wave is the next logical choice, as well as a Supreme Cybertron Starscream and maybe a reimagined Cybertron Giant Planet Metroplex.

TaZZerath I like the idea of a Titan sized Ark with a robot mode (not Omega's robot mode but something similar).

Monstructor and Grandus are good G1 canditates. I could imagine them revisiting Combiner Wars teams at the size point like this as pseudo-MP toys - like the Constructions.

(I do not care for a Titan class Scorponok or Mega Zarak - that size doesn't fit how I see those characters.)
    Is there any idea of how well the Titans sell outside the collector market? I know that Generations is the older child/adult collector line, but it may be easier for Hasbro to use non-G1 characters - or even come up with innovative designs and new characters for large figures - if they don't feel beholden to nostalgia and are confident the figures can sell on their own.

Consumers over the age of 15 account for 15% of Hasbro's revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah if they were to make a Primus, I would want him to be on par in size with the new Unicron, much like the two gods from the Unicron Wars trilogy toys are. Maybe if they dropped the amount of orders from 8000 to 5000 they may accomplish it, since many of those that have bought Unicron would like to have his nemesis too.
    Going off-topic here, but does Primus have the same recognition across the fanbase that Unicron does? The sort of people who put down deposits for Unicron can already be called 'dedicated', even 'hardcore' Transformers fans, but I can't help but think that people who would shell out for Primus would be a subset of that. 'Re-skinning' Unicron could help keep the development cost down and possibly allow for a lower target while keeping some semblance of profitability, but some may be indignant at the prospect of having to pay hundreds of dollars for what is effectively a made-to-order remould.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Yeah, the Ark is a good idea. The Victory/Decepticon base would be cool too. Neither would have to Transform, so that might work out in their favour. Or possibly not - it'd depend on how the 'it-doesn't-Transform' VS better playset options from not having to incorporate transformations panned out.
    I'd be okay with a non-transforming playset, and such a thing could come packaged with an 'exclusive' Transformer or two. How about a gimmick-laden Unicron's Head playset the size of Castle Grayskull?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Is there any idea of how well the Titans sell outside the collector market? I know that Generations is the older child/adult collector line, but it may be easier for Hasbro to use non-G1 characters - or even come up with innovative designs and new characters for large figures - if they don't feel beholden to nostalgia and are confident the figures can sell on their own.

Consumers over the age of 15 account for 15% of Hasbro's revenue.
    Well if my cousins are anything to go buy, then I doubt many Titan Class figures go to kids. They were never allowed to have one. Even the sub $100 Metroplex was off-limits.

Going off-topic here, but does Primus have the same recognition across the fanbase that Unicron does? The sort of people who put down deposits for Unicron can already be called 'dedicated', even 'hardcore' Transformers fans, but I can't help but think that people who would shell out for Primus would be a subset of that. 'Re-skinning' Unicron could help keep the development cost down and possibly allow for a lower target while keeping some semblance of profitability, but some may be indignant at the prospect of having to pay hundreds of dollars for what is effectively a made-to-order remould.
    How many people watched Cybertron? I'd guess not that many in the grand scheme of things. On the other hand, I always hear TFTM referenced by 80's kids.

I can only assume that 80's kids quote TFTM because they grew up with it, same way the 90's kids would quote BW & the 00's The Unicron Trilogy etc etc.