Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hot Toys Optimus Prime Megatron version

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Is the figure bad or the price?
    Looking down on the hips, it looks really gappy to me. there is something a bit off about the proportions overall.
    I think it's a bit too scuffed up. I like the fingers and the head sculpt is fine. I hate the gun and any element of the wearing of decepticon skin just doesn't appeal to me.

Other than that I think it looks fine, but the price. that is a joke. Ultimetal prime I think is better value for money. even at more than twice the price. This prime is literally the same size as MP-01 and doesn't look as nice overall and doesn't transform.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

May not be too many people here keen on this but DaimChoc has posted quite a number of pics on his FB of the HT Optimus Megatron version. Here's a couple of them:

I'll admit that looks totally badass, but even a piece made by Hot Toys (One Powerball and I'd go nuts with their products) that doesn't transform seems odd

I like the fusion cannon... but I also like the wings... LoL

I would go Ultimetal instead of spending crazy money over both versions.

This is on shelves everywhere here in HK for around HK$2180 (AU$368 current rate).

I still think it is the worst Hot Toys mould they've ever done - and I love G1 Optimus Prime and most of the other Hot Toys figures. Having seen it both with Starscream and Megs attachments I just see it as overpriced.
    This would have to come in under HK$900 for me to buy it, and even then I would probably throw the accessories away (as nice as they are) because they don't fit with my image of G1 Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    This is on shelves everywhere here in HK for around HK$2180 (AU$368 current rate).

I still think it is the worst Hot Toys mould they've ever done - and I love G1 Optimus Prime and most of the other Hot Toys figures. Having seen it both with Starscream and Megs attachments I just see it as overpriced.
    This would have to come in under HK$900 for me to buy it, and even then I would probably throw the accessories away (as nice as they are) because they don't fit with my image of G1 Prime.
    I'd rather pay less ($250AU) and get none of the wings/large stand/Megatron junk. Throw in a Matrix, a Megatron in gun form, and I'd be keen. Accessories that fit, rather than those that don't, y'know?

I just think this is the worst collectable based on MP Optimus period. Hot Toys must have given it to their lowest level designer to do.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.