Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen, Anyone else Dislike?

Default Revenge of the Fallen, Anyone else Dislike?

< I'll try not to Post Spoilers but I'd prefer you read this after seeing the movie, So read at your own risk >.

I was never a G1 Formers Fan, I just didn't watch it as a kid, If I had of I'm sure I would of loved it.

When Transformers the movie came out ( Michael Bays one ) I was so excited to see it, and to be honest I loved it. Particularly the last 30 minutes, It just blew me away to see Ratchet, Ironhide and Bumblebee kicking ass.

When I heard Revenge of the Fallen was coming out I was so pumped.
    I even pulled an all nighter last night because I was too excited to sleep. 10am could not come fast enough.

So I got into the cinema, the lights when down, and was blown away by the first 10 minutes of the movie. It was just amazing to see all the autobots again working together and kicking ass.

Then...

It was mostly a blur of explosions and military scenes.

About half way through the movie there was an awesome Scene with Optimus fighting in the forest, which was just brilliant.

Anyways the story went on, everything happened, then the final scene approached.

The Desert, Lots of Decepticons, and the Autobots all coming to save the day.
    Except there's one problem.

There really wasn't any Autobots, There was just military, over and over.

I keep't waiting and waiting hoping to see Ironhide take a few good shots, or Ratchet to pull out a decent weapon and lay into the Deceps.

But nope, just more military stuff...

Devestator goes down from a freaking Ship? I mean what the hell is that.

The autobots get about 2 minutes if that screen time, I was lucky enough to see Jolt in the final scene for about 5 seconds.

Then it's more military and an ending that leaves alot to be explained?

I feel like crying, I had such high hopes for the movie from the way it was hyped, I keept waiting for the big finale, all the Autobots fighting all the Decepticons, Blades, Guns, Explosions, but all I saw were Military jets, tanks, and explosions.

I'm not trying to badmouth the movie, the few scenes with the bots were brilliant, but seriously, it felt like I was watching ' Michael Bay Presents the US Military, and some Autobots for backup '.

Your points are indeed valid but this didn't bother me as much as it is expected in a Michael Bay movie and they did show Ironhide and Ratchet shooting at the Decepticons even though the emphasis was with the US military's bombardment.

now that you mentioned it! you are correct too much military, maybe Bay owes the military some screen time for the stuff they did

Default Mixed thoughts

Mixed thoughts ... I went this morning with my son. Gave him a day off school. It kinda got a bit lost, I loved the transformers actions sceens. Jetfire was funny but it kinda lacked something i cant put my finger on. Maybe i need to see it a second time. I understand us trans fans dont expect a great story line to enjoy the movie but it did get a little odd at times for me personaly.

I'm with you man. I'm pissed that the decepticons just keep getting killed and brought back to life. Did I see Bonecrusher in there, even though he got decapitated?
    "Ding-a-ling, come out and get yo ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass-whoopin" - Skids and Mudflap

What happened to Starscream and Megatron? They were badly damaged, do they just go into hiding?

Who was the leader of the Deceps? I thought Megatron was :S Not some guy from outer space..

Did Arcee Die? One of the 3 bikes got slaughtered in the final fight..

Are the Military still working with the autobots?

Did the annoying President aid guy die when he got sucked out with the parachute?

So many un-answered questions

Quote Originally Posted by Dylbot View Post
    I'm with you man. I'm pissed that the decepticons just keep getting killed and brought back to life. Did I see Bonecrusher in there, even though he got decapitated?
    Bonecrusher and Blackout alt modes were both back, but I do not believe that they were the same transformers as the first film, just Soundwave was lazy and didn't scan a whole heap of new alt modes, just passed out the same 8 or so!

Sad that Wheelei and Jetfire (both cons) got more screentime than all the Autobots bar Prime and Bee combined, and except for the twins no other Autobot got more than 2-3 lines.

At least Screamer got to talk and have a tiny bit of characterisation...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaul View Post
    What happened to Starscream and Megatron? They were badly damaged, do they just go into hiding?

Who was the leader of the Deceps? I thought Megatron was :S Not some guy from outer space..

Did Arcee Die? One of the 3 bikes got slaughtered in the final fight..

Are the Military still working with the autobots?

Did the annoying President aid guy die when he got sucked out with the parachute?

So many un-answered questions
    Answer to one of your questions. Said annoying President guy was spoted on a sat phone with some egyptions out in the desert later on in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaul View Post
    < I'll try not to Post Spoilers but I'd prefer you read this after seeing the movie, So read at your own risk >.

I was never a G1 Formers Fan, I just didn't watch it as a kid, If I had of I'm sure I would of loved it.

When Transformers the movie came out ( Michael Bays one ) I was so excited to see it, and to be honest I loved it. Particularly the last 30 minutes, It just blew me away to see Ratchet, Ironhide and Bumblebee kicking ass.

When I heard Revenge of the Fallen was coming out I was so pumped.
    I even pulled an all nighter last night because I was too excited to sleep. 10am could not come fast enough.

So I got into the cinema, the lights when down, and was blown away by the first 10 minutes of the movie. It was just amazing to see all the autobots again working together and kicking ass.

Then...

It was mostly a blur of explosions and military scenes.

About half way through the movie there was an awesome Scene with Optimus fighting in the forest, which was just brilliant.

Anyways the story went on, everything happened, then the final scene approached.

The Desert, Lots of Decepticons, and the Autobots all coming to save the day.
    Except there's one problem.

There really wasn't any Autobots, There was just military, over and over.

I keep't waiting and waiting hoping to see Ironhide take a few good shots, or Ratchet to pull out a decent weapon and lay into the Deceps.

But nope, just more military stuff...

Devestator goes down from a freaking Ship? I mean what the hell is that.

The autobots get about 2 minutes if that screen time, I was lucky enough to see Jolt in the final scene for about 5 seconds.

Then it's more military and an ending that leaves alot to be explained?

I feel like crying, I had such high hopes for the movie from the way it was hyped, I keept waiting for the big finale, all the Autobots fighting all the Decepticons, Blades, Guns, Explosions, but all I saw were Military jets, tanks, and explosions.

I'm not trying to badmouth the movie, the few scenes with the bots were brilliant, but seriously, it felt like I was watching ' Michael Bay Presents the US Military, and some Autobots for backup '.

Went to the Hoyts Blacktown 9:45 showing and...

to answer you question "Nope" as ,I had to completely forget all about, all of this and just enjoy a movie about something fictional

About the Devestator bit....(whited out due to spoiler potential so highlight below )
    It was a Top secret "i think" Electromagnetic Rail Launch type Launcher or something on that ship wasn't it..???

So Was Barricade in the movie? I dont remember seeing any cop cars.