Thread: Rescue Bots Toys

Default Rescue Bots Toys

Hi guys,

So my 2(almost3) year old has started to take a liking to Transformers. His first exposure funnily enough was Movie A.O.E. But since we didn't want him to be exposed to too much "violence" first, hence we started letting him watching Rescue Bots instead. What can I say? Mummy's boy here totally loves it! Only thing now is I'm having problems finding the toys. Kmart still has some variety of them, most of which I already bought for him.

He really wants Blades:
    http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/08/20/r...-images-300001

So just wonder if anyone knows or can help? And if you see it in stores, are you able to just get it for me first? It's $19 for that scout size figure. Thanks heaps.
    Last edited by JuzMel; 24th May 2016 at 11:08 PM.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Unfortunately, we missed that wave here, and oddly enough Blades (and Chase) wasn't re-released in the next wave with Medix & Boulder (which only came out here in the last month or two).

On the plus side, we might be getting the 4-pack here of the four main cast characters, as it was on display at Toyfair... but it sounds like you have already bought the other main cast members already.

Otherwise, if you want the earlier, larger Blades mould, it is currently on Amazon (if you shop from there and have some other items you want to get at the same time). It is the Energize version though, so has some translucent parts, which I didn't like... and won't look exactly like Blades on the cartoon.

Funnily enough, Rescue Bots toys have JUST had a mass general release here in Hong Kong for the first time ... I've previously had to get all my son's RB's from Oz!
    My son got the mini dino RB's the other day.

I'll keep any eye out for Blades if you like?

I put the call out on here, in FB groups and searched the local shops and came up with nothing when looking for Rescuebots.

As others have said, Amazon is your best bet. They have pretty much all of them.

Most of the Energon figures are fine looking, it's only Heatwave that looks a bit odd. Ones like Blades etc look fine in their Energon versions so I wouldn't stress about it. My 3 year old has the Energon versions of all the main cast and he doesn't care they don't look exactly like the cartoon.

It's a shame that the new ones are so much smaller than the older versions. I tracked down a fair few for my son and they are great. He loves them
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Thanks for the response guys!

Griffin, yeah I think I will still get the 4-pack for him because the Heatwave and Chase that he has is actually a different version and comes with a trailer with them. And the figures are not so articulate, but he's a kid so he doesn't care. He just loves them so much that they all go to sleep in his room with him at night. LOL Do you know when they would be released?

And thanks Bladestorm, I'd appreciate if you can do that.

Yup I've tried Amazon guys, but I don't really like the Energon version of Blades. Fussy I know, but you're talking about a TF collector buying a TF for her son. Hehe, so I can afford to be a little fussy.
    ~ JuzMel ~

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Griffin, yeah I think I will still get the 4-pack for him ...
    Do you know when they would be released?
    No idea... but could be soon since other items on display at Toyfair have just appeared at ToysRUs and Kmart.

But also be aware of the possibility that no Retailer wanted the 4-pack here, and you'd then have to import one. Amazon have been pretty good with stocking Rescue Bots though, so it might show up there.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    No idea... but could be soon since other items on display at Toyfair have just appeared at ToysRUs and Kmart.

But also be aware of the possibility that no Retailer wanted the 4-pack here, and you'd then have to import one. Amazon have been pretty good with stocking Rescue Bots though, so it might show up there.
    Caved in and bought the 4 figures Prime, Bumblebee, Blades and Chase) from a U.S eBay seller with combined shipping and discount at AUD$26.25 each (because of our darn low aussie exchange rate) only to find Bumblebee and possibly Prime popping up in Kmart for $19 each.

So I can either console myself that I've paid a hefty price for Blades and Chase (both of which can't be found here) or I overpaid for all 4 of them. Either way it's the same. That's like paying a deluxe price for a scout size figure and they don't even have a complicated transformation!
    ~ JuzMel ~

Yeah but they're tough so you'll get your monies worth. My son gives them hell and apart from a few paint scratches, they're still in great shape. The only one that hasn't held up well is the Garbage truck one (I can't remember his name right now) which is coincidently the only one of the smaller size ones he has.

And the energon versions aren't too bad. They have 5mm ports all over them so when he gets a bit older he can use all the guns off my CHUG toys.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

You can get High Tide at K-Mart at the moment for $38