Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (APR-2013) Beast Wars Era Cartoon - Comments and reviews

Did you watch any of the Beast Wars cartoons?
    If so, what did you think of them?

Seen the cartoons when it first aired and they were great especially the fact they were the first CG cartoons for the transformers franchise, also have the boxed sets to watch.

Any Episodes worth reviewing?

1. Optimal situation
    2. Transmutate
    3. Maximal no more

Are any of the cartoon series recommended viewing for others?

I think the whole series would have to be viewed to connect with the previous G1-2 series and the following series of beast machines, I believe these all tie together and as a whole give the evolution of the transformers.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Got given the boxset on loan today with strict instructions to watch it. Never been a fan of the series, this'll be interesting for me.

• Did you watch any of the Beast Wars cartoons?

Uhh... yeah, just a little bit.

• If so, what did you think of them?

Beast Wars was initially what I had always hoped the Generation 2 cartoon would end up being but which never eventuated; The G2 intro/outro, bumpers & toy commercials sparked my (& I assume many other kids at the time) imagination off as to what Transformers could be possibly be like if the cartoon was rendered in CG animation but what Beast wars ended up delivering was SO much more!

The Beast Wars cartoon was leaps and bounds ahead of what the G1 Cartoon ever hoped to be and/or ever achieved, on each and every level; sure the look, characters & forms were different but in the end Beast Wars just simply aimed to be more than 24 minute toy commercials.

The Japanese series I saw/acquired much-MUCH later but sadly, whilst they seem to be quite entertaining, the fact that they were never produced with any form of English Subtitles (Save for the Beast Wars II Movie) keeps them trapped in a realm of obscurity & locked in a perpetual state of unappreciatedness*.
    (*Not sure if that's an actual word or not )

• Any Episodes worth reviewing?

Yes, many are worth reviewing but sadly my eyes currently wont allow me stand typing that many words out.

• Are any of the cartoon series recommended viewing for others?

I recommend the viewing of all 3 Seasons of Beast Wars; whether your a G1 fan, a Beast fan, or just a 'transforming robot' fan in general there is something here for everyone.

The narrative still holds up incredibly well today, even if the visuals don't necessarily*.
    (*Being a person who was lucky enough to grow up in a world prior to Insektors, raise your hand if "8 Colours" & "320x240" means anything to you , I feel that the CG isn't anywhere near as bad as what some like to suggest it is)