Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232838 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Ok I'll take a turn in trying to refocus this discussion back to V3 Optimus.

I know I did mention V3's repaint potentiaI. I'm all for repaints but I wonder what the appetite would be for all of these variants to be done again? Once I get Golden Lagoon Optimus I'll have every one of these except the elusive Green BAPE. I couldn't imagine doing it again! Would be worse than having to rebuy all the seekers once the inevitable V3 Starscream is announced!
    Maybe what they could do is do variants on the previous niche repaints.
    Paint it in silver instead of gold and you have Hate-Plague Protected Optimus Prime.
    MP10-version Ultra Magnus hasn't been done, so why not replace Black/Nemesis Prime with white/Best Friends Forever Optimus Prime! Or alternately, make it all black.
    Instead of 7-11 Optimus Prime, they could do a Family Mart one instead.
    BAPE has been done, so maybe Angelic Pretty next time.
    Instead of Evangelion deco Prime, Death Note Prime. Or better yet, combine 2 renowned unpleasant fanbases and make it Love Live! Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Maybe what they could do is do variants on the previous niche repaints.
    Paint it in silver instead of gold and you have Hate-Plague Protected Optimus Prime.
    MP10-version Ultra Magnus hasn't been done, so why not replace Black/Nemesis Prime with white/Best Friends Forever Optimus Prime! Or alternately, make it all black.
    Instead of 7-11 Optimus Prime, they could do a Family Mart one instead.
    BAPE has been done, so maybe Angelic Pretty next time.
    Instead of Evangelion deco Prime, Death Note Prime. Or better yet, combine 2 renowned unpleasant fanbases and make it Love Live! Prime.

I suppose technically 7-11 Prime isn't Ultra Magnus but it's going to be the closest we'll get.

I agree with the cross-over stuff. Evangelion and Street Fighter was funny, not my jam but it was cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    I suppose technically 7-11 Prime isn't Ultra Magnus but it's going to be the closest we'll get.

I agree with the cross-over stuff. Evangelion and Street Fighter was funny, not my jam but it was cool to see.
    May be this Prime will finally cross over with Gundam which i will definitely get o

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    May be this Prime will finally cross over with Gundam which i will definitely get o
    Don't go there.Just don't...

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    He thinks painted die cast is better than painted plastic and that he can tell the difference by looking at it.
    It comes down to personal preference. I prefer soft plastic myself. The silicone type but I've heard it gets hard over time so needs replacing. It's not as heavy as die cast but around the 600cc a piece is about right. Now, the purest say silicone doesn't have the same feel as the real thing but that's a highly inflated opinion. I admit that I can't tell the difference by looking at it. Glad I got that off my chest.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Don't go there.Just don't...
    Well even fingers crossed i dont believe Bandai would agree

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Well even fingers crossed i dont believe Bandai would agree
    At least they got a brain.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    In other news I look forward to the plethora of repaints that MP-10 went through.
    Takara
    Hasbro
    Nemesis
    Ultra Magnus
    Shattered Glass
    YotH (unlikely)
    Evangelion
    Various BAPE
    Golden Lagoon (unlikely)

Any I miss?
    I wouldn't mind a Lucky Draw inspired Crayola Convoy as a 1st reissue of this new mould.

So this happened....

https://www.facebook.com/ActionRobo/...type=3&theater

If this is true, the RRP prior to discounts will be 50,000¥!

Masterpiece collecting is starting to feel kinda like those awful mobile games that suck people in for free early on and then increasingly bleed them until people give up.

Don't know if I can keep ordering doubles of these.

Other news from this is that it's been designated as MP-44 and will be released in August 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    50,000¥!
    Hmmm. For that much I could get most of the years CHUG toys and feel a lot less buyers remorse. If there are not massive discounts on him I'm out.