Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: USA Sightings

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Found in the US is the Devastator RPMs trackset, and the Deluxe wave with Jolt, Dead End, Blazemaster and Skids/Mudflap Icecream truck, so should be here soon as well.
    Wave 5 Voyagers (Long Haul and Grindor) and Deluxes (Arcee, Swerve and Stalker Scorponok) have also been sighted, along with Ahsoka Tano Magnaguard Droid from the Star Wars Crossovers line.

Source: www.tfw2005.com

As has been reported elsewhere, the US is currently in a drought as toy stores wait for DOTM toys (that are slowly leaking out). So the shops I've visited in LA and New York tend to either have empty shelves or are filled with the same shelfwarmers as back home. (Terradive, Hailstorm, Skullgrin, PCC Aerialbots and Combaticons etc).

Target have started clearing PCC 2 packs but prices differ per store and I've only seen early waves. Toys R Us are clearing out the ROTF robot heroes multi-packs for $10 (plus tax)

The only DOTM toy I've seen so far has been the preview Prime. If this is the size the new Scouts are going to be then it's a real shame. It's only slightly larger than the legend toys on the racks next to it. $10 at TRU (plus tax)

Culver City TRU had a Generations Kup however the back of the card was awfully misprinted. It looked like someone had photocopied the back, scanned the photocopy, printed the scan out and stuck it to the back! It made it look like a KO but is still the first time I've seen Kup in a store.

Big Lou's in Culver City ( http://www.bigloustoys.com/) did not have many Transformers but lots of other action figures if you're into other toylines.

Puzzle Zoo in Santa Monica ( http://www.puzzlezoo.com/ ) had a good range of Generations Deluxes, including Kup and Scourge, but at high (for Americans) prices of $18 to $20 (plus tax). No Warpath though. They also had the Speed Stars Leadfoot which I'd never seen before, sure looks like Fracture!

Toys R Us in Times Square is the home of shelfwarmers. They've still got heaps of Countdown and Darkwing (which were there two years ago when I last visited and took the picture a few posts back!). For some reason ROTF Bludgeon is not selling either. They had over 25 of them plus some Recon Ironhides and for only $15 (plus tax) each I can't imagine why they are not moving. They also had lots of the unwanted Generations Deluxes (at least 40 Skullgrins, plenty of Thunderwing, Cliffjumper, Dirge, and a few each of Cyb Megatron, Cyb Soundwave, Blurr and Red Alert) for $16 (plus tax). There's also still a good number of Animated Oilslick and Snarl for $10 (plus tax) each.

The Toys R Us 'clearance' store in NY's Manhattan Mall had first wave Animated Deluxes for $10 (plus tax) and a couple of Animated Ironhide and Rodimus for $18 (plus tax)

When I get back from Canada the DOTM street date will have passed so hopefully I'll see some of the new stuff. Always happens that I'm in the States where the embargo is enforced while back home people are finding the movie toys. This is the third time it's happened now!

I visited a Target in Boston this afternoon. No DOTM figures but the shelves were cleared for them and price tags up. I'm not sure if prices are the same nationwide for US chains, but if they are the prices at Target are

MV3 Cyberverse Deluxe $11.99
    MV3 Cyberverse Voyager $19.99
    MV3 Cyberverse Leader $44.99
    MV3 Mechtech Basic $4.99
    MV3 Mechtech Plus $7.99
    MV3 Basic Human Alliance $9.99
    MV3 Human Alliance $29.99

(The shelf tags in this store actually say Megaverse instead of Mechtech and Cybertech instead of Cyberverse)

Goddamn. If only, if only they were our prices. I'd so buy straight off the shelf.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I just gotta hold out for another 2 weeks...

The temptation is just killing me, seeing all these new toys on shelves here.

haha, i know the feeling! i'm on pretty low budget and will be selective buying the DOTM toys. feel like just grabbing the lot

From what I've read on US boards, and what I've seen so far in Canada, the US might stick to the waves more rigidly than Australia does. Wave 2 (and beyond) figures might not be on sale there until after BotCon despite being on sale back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    From what I've read on US boards, and what I've seen so far in Canada, the US might stick to the waves more rigidly than Australia does. Wave 2 (and beyond) figures might not be on sale there until after BotCon despite being on sale back home.
    likewise here in Singapore.. only Wave 1 seen so far

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Maybe we should send you some Wave 2 stuff to flog at Botcon :P
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

The others who are coming should think about it! Although I did spot a Blackout in Canada today, so maybe some more wave 2+ toys might appear. But so far pretty much just wave 1 (and in big numbers)