View Poll Results: Adventure Dreadwing - worth getting?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yeah! Looks fantastic now!

1 16.67%
  • Only if cheap

2 33.33%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

1 16.67%
  • Still just an ugly, weird peacock-hybrid

2 33.33%

Thread: Toy Review - TAV12 Dreadwing

Default Toy Review - TAV12 Dreadwing

Series - Adventure
    Size/class - Deluxe
    Wave - 1
    New/remould/redeco – Redeco of BH Dreadwing
    Released here - No
    Approximate Retail Price - $25
    Approximate Size - 14cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Cybertronian jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks – wings turn into a peacock-like bloom
    Main Colours – Dark Blue, Gray, Red, Black
    Main Accessories - Battleaxe

This is a redeco of the Dreadwing from Beast Hunters which was to my mind one of the ugliest toys we’ve had since the Beast Era .

Robot Mode
    Gone are the awful garish colours of the Beast Hunters version. The blue has been replaced with a darker richer blue which now encompases the wings as well, the yellow is completely gone and has been replaced by either blues or blacks, the gray has been replaced with darker gray and the purple is gone. What we now have is a dark blue figure with dark gray and the odd splash of red and gold here and there. Looks beautiful! The weird weapons have gone, leaving the battleaxe that the BH version had but now done in black. Simply – this is how the toy was supposed to look! Decent poseability and proportions, he’s feet still look a bit odd but overall very nice. Just wish he didn’t have the damn scanning badge on his shoulder. You can fan out the wings like the BH version but I prefer not to.

Jet Mode
    Like the voyager version, this sufferes from a lot of kibble underneath the jet. Looks great from the top, not too hot from the sides. The hands and feet stick out the back of the jet which sucks but gives it bit of a creepy alien vibe as well which makes it forgivable. Once again, the paintjob here is beautiful – well done yet again Tak/Tom!

Transformation
    Not too hard, a helluva lot easier than the TFP Voyager version. Everything clips into place well.

Overall
    This is what the BH version should have been, though I realise that that version does have its fans and if people love it then I’m glad others enjoy it (personally only BH Ratchet repulsed me more from that line. Dreadwing looked like Nova Prime had a son that was half peacock and half the bad guy from Galaxy Quest ). The colours on this version are great, the robot mode is really good, the jet mode is ok with a good transform. Worth picking up

Unfortunately for me without the paint on the wings it loses a lot of what made the BH figure cool.

Looks like it's missing the weapon too, from the package image - can you confirm?
    Last edited by Zommael; 3rd June 2015 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Didn't mean to offend Trev!

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Unfortunately for me without the paint on the wings it loses a lot of what made the BH figure cool. But hey, if you'd prefer a duller, less visually appealing figure, go right ahead and get this!

Looks like it's missing the weapon too, from the package image - can you confirm?
    Yes I said in my review except for the battleaxe his weapons are gone.

I did say there are people out there that are fans of the other version and I'm glad they enjoy it so maybe you'll be kind enough to extend me the same courtesy

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yes I said in my review except for the battleaxe his weapons are gone.

I did say there are people out there that are fans of the other version and I'm glad they enjoy it so maybe you'll be kind enough to extend me the same courtesy
    I didn't mean to specifically direct my comments at you, and I'm sorry it came across that way. I'm glad you're enjoying your toy!

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I didn't mean to specifically direct my comments at you, and I'm sorry it came across that way. I'm glad you're enjoying your toy!
    No prob

This is one figure that is a complete waste of a mold and plastic. I would have loved to seen an Insecticon instead.

For the most part, a new version of a figure should be superior to the original, MP-10 & MP-11 for example. This deluxe Dreadwing is far inferior to the RID voyager figure.