Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Store Exclusives status update from Hasbro AU.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post

Q - Are we getting the Metallic Megatron and Metallic Ratchet toys that were US Best Buy Exclusives?

Yes Big W and specialty stores......

That is Good News....
    As, i would like to get at least one Metallic Ratchet.

now i am hoping, nothing happens between now and then.....

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Thats absolutely amazing news there Orion. I was just about to try and order some of that stuff off ebay, and this will save me a bundle on shipping (plus I prefer to support local Australian retail).
    I'm with you on trying to support loacal stores, if we keep getting things in from ebay and reducing the demand in our local suppliers I can only see things getting grimmer with supply. I only get things off ebay if they're definitely not being released here. The more demand for the product of TF's in Australia the more likely we will get better supply.

I agree with that sentiment, but at the same time how do we complain about the absolutely ridiculous different in price, e.g. a Movie Deluxe's RRP is US$9.99 vs. AU$29.99. W@# is with that?!

I'd love to support the local retailers as well, and like to hunt for toys, but when the toys are so over-priced here that it is cheaper to buy from an overpriced toy dealer in America and get it express air-freighted, I find it difficult to justify it anymore.
    Exchange rate is 93-95us cents in the last few months, so if Hasbro AUS were fair with their pricing, our deluxes should currently have a RRP somewhere between AU$11.40 - 11.90. That compares to the current price range here of $25-30. Who the heck is responsible for adding $18 to a $30 toy, on top of the standard profit margin of 40% between wholesale and retail?